Lord Kelvin Adam Smith Scholarship
Description: The prestigious Lord Kelvin/Adam Smith Scholarship scheme offers outstanding research students the opportunity to undertake doctoral training in the context of cutting edge interdisciplinary research projects.
The shortlisted projects within the College of Science & Engineering are as follows:
- Nature based coastal protection: A predictive model for marsh ecosystem services
- Portable Mid-infrared Tool for Analysis of Mosquito Vectors of Malaria
- Negative CO2 Emissions CHP Technology
- Collective behaviour of Atlantic salmon and decision making
- Devices for Diagnostics and Therapeutics using killer proteins
- Algorithmic analysis of clonal evolution and therapeutic resistance in pancreatic cancers
Award: Each scholarship will run for 4 years and will provide the successful students with an annual stipend at the Research Council recommended rates (est £14,510 for 2017/18). On top of this the project will benefit from £3,000 per year as a contribution towards research and travel costs. Students will commence in October 2016.
Eligibility: The Kelvin Smith Scholarships are open to Home/EU and International students.
Deadline: Noon, 13 January 2017