Who Can Apply?
Open to clinical trainees who aim to obtain an MD or PhD will take time out of programme to undertake their studies towards a higher degree as Clinical Research Fellows.
Many Clinical Research Fellows obtain personal fellowships through competitive funding streams.
These are provided by Research Councils and charities at local, national and international level.
Applications will be prepared in close collaboration with proposed supervisors in order to meet the high standards required for these prestigious fellowships.
Examples of existing funding streams that support studies towards an MD or PhD can be found below:
- British Heart Foundation: Clinical Research Training Fellowship
- Medical Research Council: Clinical Research Training Fellowship
- Chief Scientist Office: Clinical Academic Fellowship
- Kidney Research UK: Clinical Research Training Fellowship
- Wellbeing of Women: Research Training Fellowship
- Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity: Clinical Research Training Fellowship
Funding is also available through principal investigators who hold programme or project grants that provide salaries for clinical research fellows.
Again, it is important to liaise with proposed supervisors to explore such funding opportunities.