This page provides you with assistance with the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and commonly experienced difficulties related to logging into the University of Glasgow Direct Admissions System.
If you are experiencing the application system hanging then please follow the steps below:
- Clear your cache, then close all browser windows/sessions
- Ensure you do not have a pop-up blocker running
- Use the below link to access the Online Application System (OAS), which will allow you to access your application:
What is the difference between the Online Application and Applicant Self-Service?
There are two distinct steps when applying to the University of Glasgow using our Direct Admissions System:
Step 1 – Register and complete an application. This is done using the Online Application and is accessed by clicking ‘Apply Now’ on our web pages. If you are making multiple applications, this needs to be done for EACH application. The first time you create an online application you log in using your email address and create a password at this stage.
Step 2 – After you have submitted your application you use Applicant Self-Service to manage your application – check its status, upload documents etc (please see FAQ 2 below). After you have completed Step 1, a link to Applicant Self-Service will appear on the ‘Your Applications’ page when you log into the Online Application System. The link should normally appear 1-3 working days after you have submitted an application.
When do I use Applicant Self-Service?
Applicant Self-Service can only be used 1-3 working days AFTER you have submitted an application. In Applicant Self-Service you will be able to:
- Check the status of your submitted application
- Upload any additional documents
- Update your personal details
- Accept or reject any offer that you receive
- Defer any offer that you receive
- Pay a deposit to secure your place on a course (only if a deposit is requested for that degree programme)
How do I access Applicant Self-Service?
Once you have submitted your Online Application, a link to Applicant Self-Service will appear on the ‘Your Applications’ page when you log into the Online Application System. The link should normally appear 1-3 working days after you have submitted an application.
How do I amend my online application?
Once you have submitted an online application form, you cannot update or amend your personal details by accessing the online application again. You can make changes by using Applicant Self-Service.
I have forgotten my password and/or it does not work?
If you have forgotten your password or if it does not work, you can reset it forthe Online Application and Applicant Self-Service as follows:
- Go to the "Apply Online" link
- Click on ‘Forgotten your password?’
- Enter the email address you used when creating your application
- A new password will be emailed to you. If you do not receive this, check your ‘Spam Mail’
I cannot find the Login page?
The Login screen for the Online Application and Applicant Self-Service can be accessed through our website.
I do not know my login details for the Online Application System?
For access to the Online Application and Applicant Self Service, you should use your email address and the password you created when you registered for the online application to log in (if you have forgotten this password then see ‘I have forgotten my password and/or it does not work?’ above).
I cannot log into the Online Application System?
Check you are using the correct username and password (see ‘I do not know my login details for the Online Application system?’ above).
If you still cannot log into your Online Application and Applicant Self-Service then try closing all web browser windows and tabs on your computer. You can then reopen the browser and log in to the Online Application System.
I am unable to upload documents?
If you are trying to upload documents to a submitted application then you must use Applicant Self-Service.
Make sure you are in Applicant Self-Service and not the Online Application. If you are in Applicant Self-Service, make sure that you have scrolled down to the Admissions Section. The screenshot below indicates the section on the page, and the specific area you should go to, highlighted in red:
What does the status of my application on Applicant Self-service mean?
You will find the status of your application near the bottom of the Applicant self-service page under the Admissions Tab. The application statuses shown are as follows:
- Documents required: Application is on hold until we receive further documents OR you have accepted a conditional offer (NB we require further documents before the conditions of the offer can be met).
- Admitted: You have been made an unconditional offer.
- Unsuccessful/Withdrawn: Application has been unsuccessful OR you have declined your offer OR the University has withdrawn your offer.
- Conditionally Admitted: You have been made a conditional offer (and you have not replied yet).
- Decision Pending: Application has been received but no decision has been made yet.
I am still having problems. What do I do?
In the event that none of the above questions address your specific problem, contact our support team to get technical help or additional guidance.