The World Changing Alumni Award
The World Changing Alumni Award is an annual University of Glasgow honour, which aims to recognise and celebrate the achievements of alumni who have graduated within the last 15 years and made a major contribution to the community, arts, science or business.
This prestigious award was formerly called the Young Alumnus of the Year Award, and has been presented to a world-changing alumnus every year since 2001.
We welcome nominations from anyone, so if you are a friend, family member, former tutor or classmate of a UofG alumnus who has graduated in the last 15 years and excelled in their field - we would love to hear from you!
If you have any questions about the award or your nomination, please get in touch with us at:
T: 0141 330 7146
All nominations are reviewed by the World Changing Alumni Award Committee. A shortlist of nominees is then put to a public vote, which is open to all University of Glasgow alumni to take part in.
The winner will be announced in the December 2018 edition of Avenue, our alumni magazine.
Good luck to all of our nominees!
Our previous world-changing winners are:
• 2017: Susanne Mitschke (MSc 2015) and Patrick Renner (MSc 2015)
• 2016: Matt Fountain (MA 2011)
• 2015: Mhairi Black MP (MA 2015)
• 2014: Martin Patience (MA 2002)
• 2013: Karina Atkinson (BSc 2007)
• 2012: Katherine Grainger MBE CBE (MPhil 2001)
• 2011: Emeli Sande MBE (BSc 2009)
• 2010: Patrick Gunning (BSc 2001, PhD 2005)
• 2009: Euan Murray (BVMS 2003)
• 2008: Mark Beaumont (MA 2006) and John Tiffany (MA 1994)
• 2007: Vanessa Munro (LLB 1997, PhD 2001)
• 2006: Richard Dixon (BVMS 1993, PhD 2000)
• 2005: Christopher Brookmyre (MA 1989)
• 2004: Colin McInnes (BSc 1988, PhD 1991)
• 2003: Emma Richards (BSc 1996)
• 2001: Mark Johnston (BVMS 1983) and Lorraine Clinton (MA 1986)