The World Changing Alumni Award
The World Changing Alumni Award is an annual University of Glasgow honour, which aims to recognise and celebrate the achievements of alumni who have graduated within the last 15 years and made a major contribution to the community, arts, science or business.
This prestigious award has been presented to a world-changing alumnus every year since 2001.
Nominations for the World Changing Alumni Award 2019 are now closed.
We will announce the Award finalists for 2019 shortly, then it is over to our alumni to vote for their winner!
If you have any questions about the award, please get in touch with us at:
T: 0141 330 7146
All nominations are reviewed by the World Changing Alumni Award Committee. A shortlist of nominees is then put to a public vote, which is open to all University of Glasgow alumni to take part in.
Our previous world-changing winners are:
- 2018: Amal Azzudin (MA 2014)
- 2017: Susanne Mitschke (MSc 2015) and Patrick Renner (MSc 2015)
- 2016: Matt Fountain (MA 2011)
- 2015: Mhairi Black MP (MA 2015)
- 2014: Martin Patience (MA 2002)
- 2013: Karina Atkinson (BSc 2007)
- 2012: Katherine Grainger MBE CBE (MPhil 2001)
- 2011: Emeli Sande MBE (BSc 2009)
- 2010: Patrick Gunning (BSc 2001, PhD 2005)
- 2009: Euan Murray (BVMS 2003)
- 2008: Mark Beaumont (MA 2006) and John Tiffany (MA 1994)
- 2007: Vanessa Munro (LLB 1997, PhD 2001)
- 2006: Richard Dixon (BVMS 1993, PhD 2000)
- 2005: Christopher Brookmyre (MA 1989)
- 2004: Colin McInnes (BSc 1988, PhD 1991)
- 2003: Emma Richards (BSc 1996)
- 2001: Mark Johnston (BVMS 1983) and Lorraine Clinton (MA 1986)