The University of Glasgow's School of Veterinary Medicine is one of the very best in the UK. The School has full accreditation from:
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
- The European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE)
- The Australasian Veterinary Boards Council (AVBC)
Our pass rate in the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE) is currently 80%. The pass rate required by the AVMA Council on Education standard for Outcomes Assessment is 80%. The NAVLE is a requirement for licensure to practice veterinary medicine in all licensing jurisdictions in North America.
We provide an expert referral centre for animal owners and referring practitioners throughout the UK, via the:
- Small Animal Hospital
- Glasgow Equine Hospital
- Scottish Centre for Production Animal Health & Welfare
- Veterinary Diagnostic Services
The School with its partner institutes are pre-eminent in teaching, research and clinical provision, and attract students, researchers and clinicians from around the world. In the 2014 UK-wide Research Excellence Framework, Glasgow’s veterinary and animal health research activity was ranked top amongst the UK veterinary schools for research quality with an outstanding contribution to societal impact globally.
Subject league tables
2nd in UK
Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide [Veterinary Medicine]