The School of Veterinary Medicine has full accreditation from
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
- The European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE)
- The Australasian Veterinary Boards Council (AVBC)
Our pass rate in the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE) is currently 80%. The pass rate required by the AVMA Council on Education standard for Outcomes Assessment is 80%. The NAVLE is a requirement for licensure to practice veterinary medicine in all licensing jurisdictions in North America.
We provide an expert referral centre for animal owners and referring practitioners throughout the UK via the
- Small Animal Hospital
- Weipers Centre for Equine Welfare
- Scottish Centre for Production Animal Health & Welfare
- Veterinary Diagnostic Services
The School with its partner institutes are pre-eminent in teaching, research and clinical provision, and attract students, researchers and clinicians from around the world. In the 2014 UK-wide Research Excellence Framework, Glasgow’s veterinary and animal health research activity was ranked top amongst the UK veterinary schools for research quality with an outstanding contribution to societal impact globally. The School has been ranked 1st in the UK for Veterinary Science in the Times Good University Guide 2018, and 1st in the UK for Veterinary Medicine in the Complete University Guide 2019.