The School of Veterinary Medicine has full accreditation from
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
- The European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE)
- The Australasian Veterinary Boards Council (AVBC)
Our pass rate in the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE) is currently 84% compared to the pass rate required by the AVMA Council on Education standard for Outcomes Assessment which is 80%. The NAVLE is a requirement for licensure to practice veterinary medicine in all licensing jurisdictions in North America.
We provide an expert referral centre for animal owners and referring practitioners throughout the UK via the
- Small Animal Hospital
- Weipers Centre for Equine Welfare
- Scottish Centre for Production Animal Health & Welfare
- Veterinary Diagnostic Services
The School with its partner institutes are pre-eminent in teaching, research and clinical provision, and attract students, researchers and clinicians from around the world. In the 2014 REF, veterinary medicine research at Glasgow was ranked 3rd in the UK and 2nd in Scotland with 82% of the research being carried out deemed outstanding in terms of impact.