An introduction to portrait drawing in a week (On campus)
- Cost: £200
- Credits: 0
This intensive week-long course introduces the absolute beginner to accurate drawing of the human head. You will learn about proportion and perspective, line, tone, texture and colour and how to use various drawing techniques and media. In a series of simple lessons and demonstrations you will learn how to draw the human head from various angles. A small fee will be charged for the model. Materials are not provided.
Please note materials are not provided, but a suggested materials list will be given ahead of the class.
Areas you'll explore include:
- How to 'see' like an artist and draw a subject matter with accuracy and in proportion in a variety of styles.
- What the many different drawing techniques, media and equipment are and how to use them.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate how to draw portraits technically and accurately in line and tone, texture and colours.
- Create drawings in a variety of techniques, media and styles.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who has an interest in learning to draw and learn to see how an artist sees.
This is a non-credit class, so would not contribute to any qualifications.
Mode of study
A mixture of practical demonstrations, set exercises and guided study.
Although the course is no-credit bearing, it is still an ideal introduction to the subject.
Find out more
The University holds open days throughout the year where you can meet with staff to discuss our short course provision. Find out more about University of Glasgow open days
- Date: 22/05/2023 - 26/05/2023
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Reference: An introduction to portrait drawing in a week(2807)-On campus book now