Dr Jenny Morrison
- Lecturer & Senior Tutor Co-ordinator in Politics and International Relations (Politics)
I joined the School of Social and Political Sciences in January 2019 having received my PhD in Politics from the University of Glasgow in 2018. I have previously taught at the University Panthéon-Assas in Paris and the University of the West of Scotland.
My research focuses on feminist movements, devolved Scotland, the radical left, LGBTQ liberation and social reproduction theory. I currently have three key research themes:
1. Feminism and the radical left in devolved Scotland. This includes exploring the ways in which claims to feminism are taken up in Scottish politics even while they exclude wider radical objectives and liberation of oppressed groups.
2. Reproducing Scotland: Class, Oppression and Everyday Life - a project exploring social reproduction theory in the Scottish context.
3. LGBTQ women's voices in later 20th century Scotland
- Feminist Perspectives on Politics
- The Politics of Gender and Development
- 1B: International Relations
- 2A: History of Political Thought
Postgraduate Taught and Research
- Qualitative Methods