Dr David Boldrin
- Lecturer in Materials and Condensed Matter Physics (Physics & Astronomy)
I am a Leverhulme Trust Early Career Research fellow and proleptic Lecturer in the Materials and Condensed Matter Physics (MCMP) group. For my fellowship "New Caloric Materials for Energy Efficient Refrigeration" I am developing new magnetic materials as more efficient and environmentally friendly replacements for conventional refrigerants. More broadly my fundamental interests lie in discovering, synthesising and studying materials which promise enhanced functional properties. Typically I focus on magnetic materials for sustainable energy applications, where their functionality arises from unique aspects of their magnetism. Inevitably this requires a fundamental understanding of their structure and physical properties, which is achieved by using advanced characterisation tools at international synchrotron and neutron facilities.
- Physics 3 Laboratory: Materials (assist) PHYS4009
- Science Fundamentals 1X CHEM1002
- Nano and Atomic Scale Imaging 2 PHYS5042
- Nano and Atomic Scale Imaging 1 PHYS5041