to the MBChB degree programme
English language requirements
For applicants whose first language is not English, and/or does not possess a Standard Grade Credit English at a minimum of Grade 2 or an Intermediate 2 pass in English or a GCSE pass in English at a minimum of Grade B or the equivalent, must possess one of the following:
- IELTS 7.0 (with no subtest less than 7)
- A minimum of 6 points at standard level in the International Baccalaureate
- TOEFL 237 in the computer-based test (600 in the paper-based test). TOEFL CBT tests also require a TWE (Test of Written English a.k.a. Essay Rating) of at least 4.5.
- iBT TOEFL 100 (with no less than 23 in any skill)
- Cambridge English: Advanced at Grade B or above (formerly known as Cambridge ESOL CAE)
- Cambridge English: Proficiency at Grade C or above (formerly known as Cambridge ESOL CPE)
All test reports must be no more than 2 years old.