Athene Ellana Richford
- Room 514, Stair Building
Examining the Trade and Labour Gap in International Law: Neutralization of the Political in International Legal Regime Design
Athene holds a BA in Social Anthropology from SOAS and after graduating she attended the College of Law in York where she obtained a Graduate Diploma in Law. In order to build upon her academic interest in law Athene completed an LLM in International Law at the University of Glasgow. Following the LLM Athene worked within the School of Law as an International Law Research Associate. In that role she was involved in various projects across public international law topic areas; including that of Assistant Editor on volumes dealing with the Law of Treaties and the PCIJ and participating in and organizing various International Law conferences and workshops at the University of Glasgow. Most recently as part of her ESRC scholarship Athene has completed an MRes in Criminology.
Public International Law
International Economic Law
Critical International Law
- Responsibility to Protect: Creating Norms in the Absence of Law, the Realization of the Kantian Community Ideal? Given at: University of Hull, School of Law, McCoubrey Centre for International Law. Beyond Responsibility to Protect: Towards Responsible Use of International Law? July 4-5 2012.
- Position Paper. Given at: University of Glasgow, School of Law. Glasgow Conversations Workshop on International Law. Workshop title: ‘The Condensation of a Relationship: Poulantzas and International Legal Theory’. October 30 2013.
- The Particular Made Universal: Conflict and Hegemony in International Legal Institutions. Conference paper to be given at: Perspectives on Conflict Conference at University of Glasgow. June 6 2014.
- Editorial Assistant, Legacies of the Permanent Court of International Justice (eds: CJ Tams and M Fitzmaurice) Nijhoff, 2012.
- Assistant Editor, Research Handbook on the Law of Treaties. Series: Research Handbooks in International Law (eds: CJ Tams; A Tzanakopoulos; and A Zimmerman) Edward Elgar, 2014.
Public International Law Tutor
Lecture for LLM Pre-sessional Course (International Law)
Online Mentor on School of Law MOOCs (Right vs Might; and World War 1: Paris 1919 - A New World Order?)
ESRC Socio-Legal Pathway