Ms Marie McQuade
- Lecturer in Childhood Practice (School of Education)
Marie McQuade is a lecturer in Childhood Practice at the University of Glasgow.
Prior to joining the University, Marie worked as a Policy Manager and Team Leader for the Scottish Government, spending time in the Early Learning and Childcare, and Mental Health Directorates developing and delivering government policy commitments.
Marie has considerable experience delivering professional learning services to early years, education, and out-of-school care practitioners with a specific focus on high-quality practice, family learning and leadership.
Earlier in her career, working across a variety of early years services and settings, including local authority, private and third sector, Marie supported the development and management of projects to deliver improved outcomes for children and families.
During this time, Marie completed the MEd in Childhood Practice with a research focus on early career leadership in the sector.
Current research interests include:
- mentoring and leadership development within the childhood practice context;
- delivery of policies concerned with high quality school age childcare;
- and, screen education in the early years.
I have supervised Masters students on the following topics:
- Investigating the impact of parental involvement in children's development
- Analysis of gender representation in STEM subjects - a literature review
- Attitudes towards mental health education: an international students' perspective
- Elite education in Chinese higher education and it's impact on students' leadership skills
- Home schooling in urban areas of China
- How behaviourist, cognitive and constructive learning theories are used to guide adult education
- The impact of family background on access to higher education in China
- Exploration of the effects of jigsaw learning methods on students' outcomes
- English language teaching in China
- International comparisons of secondary education policy
- Critical analysis of China's compulsory inclusive policy - a literature review
I am course leader for:
BA CHILDHOOD PRACTICE
- Taking Action and Making Interventions
- Standard for Childhood Practice
- Leadership, Management and Professional Values
PGD CHILDHOOD PRACTICE
- Contemporary Perspectives on Children and Childhood
MSc Educational Studies
- Key Themes in Early Childhood Education and Care
Member of Creative Scotland's Screen Education Advisory Group