Mr Kenneth McLaughlin
- Lecturer (Pedagogy, Praxis & Faith)
Kenneth joined the University in September 2001 as a lecturer in Computing and ICT education.
More recently he has taken on the role of TELT Officer as well as being a Senior Adviser of Studies and the Admissions & Recruitment Officer for PGDE(Primary & Secondary).
- Curriculum development of Computing in Secondary Schools
- Computer Science Education
- ICT in Primary Schools
- Social Media in Education
- Moving Image Education
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Blogging in Education
- Admissions to Teacher Education Programmes
- Recruitment and Retention of PGDE(S) Computing Students
Kenneth has supervised Masters students since 2014 for both the MEd Educational Studies and the MEd in Professional Practice. The topics range from ICT and Computing Education to Mathematics and Science teaching.
Kenneth is the course leader for the PGDE(S) - Computing programme. He currently teaches on the M Educ Primary programme: Education in Practice - 1, 2 & 4. He has in the past taught specialist ICT classes for Primary courses on the BEd(Hons) and Business Education and Mathematics on the PGDE(S) programme. In recent years he has provided inputs for PGDE students in the use of Interactive WhiteBoards.
In addition to these activities he is also the Admissions Officer for both the PGDE(Secondary) and (Primary) programmes.
Consulting and advice
- External Examiner PGCE(S) Computer Science with ICT for Manchester Metropolitan University (2017-2021)
- External Examiner PGCE(S) Computer Science & ICT for Brunel University (2014-2018)
- External Examiner PGCE(S) Mathematics and Computing/ICT for Leeds Metropolitan University at Bradford College (2010-2013)
- SQA Marker for Information Systems (Int 2), (2000 - 2013).
- SQA Setter for Information Systems (Int 2), (2006 - 2009).
- TEI Representative on the SQA Steering Group for the Review of Computing and Information Systems courses (2002-2005).
Academic and professional body membership
My blog site is ICT-Echo.
Follow me on Twitter at ICT_Echo
Follow me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Academia.edu