Mr Kenneth McLaughlin
- Lecturer (Pedagogy, Praxis & Faith)
- Curriculum development of Computing in Secondary Schools
- Computer Science Education
- ICT in Primary Schools
- Social Media in Education
- Moving Image Education
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Blogging in Education
Kenneth is the course leader for the B Ed1 courses - Educational Values for Self Development and Educational Values for Self, School & Society. He is also lead tutor for the PGDE(S) - Computing programme. He also teaches ICT on the B Ed (Hons) programme. He has in the past taught specialist ICT classes for Business Education and Mathematics on the PGDE(S) programme.
He has over the last thirteen years developed and delivered a range of successful CPD courses to both Primary and Secondary teachers throughout Scotland.
In addition to these activities he is also the Admissions Officer for both the PGDE(Secondary) and (Primary) programmes.
Consulting and advice
- External Examiner PGCE(S) Computer Science with ICT for Manchester Metropolitan University (2017-2021)
- External Examiner PGCE(S) Computer Science & ICT for Brunel University (2014-2018)
- External Examiner PGCE(S) Mathematics and Computing/ICT for Leeds Metropolitan University at Bradford College (2010-2013)
- SQA Marker for Information Systems (Int 2), (2000 - 2013).
- SQA Setter for Information Systems (Int 2), (2006 - 2009).
- TEI Representative on the SQA Steering Group for the Review of Computing and Information Systems courses (2002-2005).
Academic and professional body membership
My blog site is ICT-Echo.
Follow me on Twitter at ICT_Echo
Follow me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Academia.edu