Miss Evelyn McLaren
- Lecturer in Education (Pedagogy, Praxis & Faith)
Evelyn McLaren is a qualified primary teacher and joined the University of Glasgow in August 2013. Evelyn is a Lecturer in Primary Education and works on a range of Initial Teacher Education courses for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Evelyn teaches on a range of courses in the Master of Education programme. Evelyn is the course leader for the Education in Practice 1 course: Learning and Values and Theories of Child Development. Evelyn also teaches Primary Science and Mathematics across the programme. Within PGDE, Evelyn teaches Primary Science, Primary Mathematics and Understanding learning and Teaching. Evelyn is a School Experience and currently leads the North Lanarkshire Motherwell Partnership.
Evelyn also supervises PGT Masters students during their dissertation phase. Evelyn’s Master of Education dissertation focused on the influences on student primary teachers’ attitudes and approach to teaching primary science.
Evelyn also has experience of working on the PGT Teacher and Middle Leadership courses in partnership with Falkirk and South Lanarkshire councils.
In addition to these activities Evelyn is an Advisor of Study for undergraduate students and is also a member of the School of Education Ethic Reviewing Committee.
- ITE and Lifelong Learning
- Primary Science, Mathematics and STEM
- Health and Wellbeing
- Child Development
- Curriculum Development
- Educational Leadership
- Skill Based Learning
Evelyn supervises a number of PGT Masters students in the School of Education.
- Master of Education Years 1 and 2 Co-ordinator
- Course leader and course tutor for the Education in Practice 1 course: Learning and Values and Theories of Child Development .
- Education in Practice 3 and 4: Primary Science
- Edcation in Practice 5: STEM
- PGDE: Primary Science, Primary Mathematics, Understanding learning and Teaching and School Experience Partnership Tutor.
Evelyn promotes partnership with primary schools to enhance science education.