Mrs Clare Fodey
- Associate Tutor CREDL Programme, Lecturer (Pedagogy, Praxis & Faith)
Clare has been teaching part time at the School of Education since 2007. One of her main roles is in co-ordinating the CREDL course (Catholic Religious Education by Distance learning) which is totally online. Clare is the coordinator of the new ATQRE course which commences in August. She also teaches theology / religious education to undergraduate students on campus and is involved in their support while on school placements.
Clare is an alumi of the University of Glasgow, graduating in 1995 with a Bachelor of Divinity (Hons) and later with a PGDE(Primary) in 2001. She also has a Masters in Catholic Pastoral and Education Studies from the Maryvale Institute in Birmingham.(2015)
From 2001 until sept 2018 Clare also taught part time for Glasgow City Council in the Primary school sector. In the last few year in particular her teaching focus has been on music and religious education.
Prior to all of the above Clare qualified as an RGN (registered general nurse) and later as an RM (Registered midwide) and worked in a variety of hopital, hospice and community settings in Glasgow, Stirling, Uist, Liverpool. She also worked for several years as a co-ordinator of a new Primary Health Care programme in the NE of Sierra Leone.
Using signs and symbols - signing, music and religious education. Pope Pius XII as Bishop of Rome during WW2; Early 20th century Catholic Education in Glasgow's East End; Children's Sacramental Education. Music in the primary school.
2009 - Present: Part-time University Teacher. University of Glasgow
2007 - Present: Part-time Credl Tutor/ Co-ordinator. University of Glasgow
2001 - 2018: Part-time Primary Teacher. Glasgow City Council
1990 - 2000 VMM Sccotland
Full-time Co-ordinator in Scotland. Recruiting professional volunteers for placement in Africa.
Part-time VMM Team Leader on Summer Residential Training Course.
Engaged in Development Education in schools and parishes with SCIAF and Caring Church Team.
1987 - 1990 St. Joseph's Hospice Liverpool & District Nursing in Perthshire.
1985 - 1987 Co-ordinator of Primary Health care. (Sierra Leone, West Africa)
Working with the Paramount Chief, local Health Workers and the Catholic Mission to establish a Primary Health Care servive for a rural Chiefdom in NE Sierra Leone for the Kuranko and Fulani peoples. Volunteer with the Volunteer Missionary Movement.
1979 - 1985 Nusing and Midwifery. Various Positions
Masters Dissertations in Professional Practice.
Clare is a Lecturer in Religious Education (Primary) and has the following roles within the School of Education
- Lecturer on the MEDUC 1 Theology in Education course
- Co-ordinator and Lecturer on the MEDUC 2 Theology in Education 2 course.
- Co-ordinator and Tutor for CREDL (Certificate in Religious Education by Distance Learning)
- Co-ordinator and Tutor for the Catholic Teacher Certificate (Online) for BTechEd and MAPE/PGDE (Dumfries) students.
- Supervisor of MEDUC 5 Master Students on their Professional Practice Dissertation
- Lecturer on the MEDUC 5 Religious Education - Ethics
- Co-ordinator of Setting out on the Road CTC programme (Dundee diocese)
- Co-ordinator of the ATQRE course - starting August 2019
- Supports students on the school partnership programme on their school placement
- Part of the Advisors of Studies team for MEDUC 1 students.
Clare also a part time Lecturer at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and supports the BEdMusic programme in particular in Dissertation supervision.
Academic and professional body membership
General Teaching Council of Scotland