Dr Catherine Fagan
- Lecturer (Social Justice Place & Lifelong Education)
R653 Level 6, St Andrews Building, Glasgow, G3 6NH
Education and Work; Enterprise Education; Entrepreneurship Education, Economics Education, Citizenship Education; Vocational Education; Teacher Education (ITE & CPD); Teachers’ Professional Identity; Policy Studies in Education; Values Education.
I am Chair of the International Association for Citizenship, Social and Economics Education (IACSEE) and editor of the Association’s International and Peer-reviewed Journal entitled Citizenship, Social and Economics Education: A International Journal.
- Dai, Qiao
How Chinese women in British Higher Education make sense of womanhood.
- Addressed Faculty of Education of Hirosaki University, Aomori Prefecture, Japan. Title: Teacher Education in Scotland. Invitation from Professor Takenori Inose. October 2005.
- Addressed academic staff of Tallinn University of Technology. Title: Education in Scotland and Links with Estonia. Invited by Dr. Madli Krispin, Head of International Relations Office, TUT. February 2007.
2001 – 2007 - Conference Secretary of International Association for Citizenship, Social and Economics Education (IACSEE).
- Organised 7th International Conference of IACSEE, Tartu, Estonia in May 2007. Title: Global Citizenship: Challenges for Social and Economics Educators
- Organised 6th International Conference of IACSEE, Chicago, IL in July 2005. Title: Global Citizenship: Challenges for Social and Economics Educators.
- Organised 5th International Conference of IACSEE, Egmond-an-Zee, The Netherlands in July 2003. Title: Global Challenges: Local Solutions
Consulting and advice
Advisory Board Member: Graduate Teacher Training Registry (GTTR).
Academic and professional body membership
- The General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- The American Educational research Association (AERA)
- The British Educational Research Association (BERA)
- The European Educational Research Association (EERA)
- The National Council For Economic Education (NCEE)
- The Global Association of teachers of Economics (GATE)
- The International Association for Citizenship, Social and Economics Education (IACSEE)