Dr Benjamin Mulvey
- Lecturer in Equitable Education Systems and Policy (School of Education)
I am a Lecturer on the MSc in Education, Public Policy and Equity in the School of Education at the University of Glasgow. I was previously a Research Grants Council Post-doctoral Fellow at the Education University of Hong Kong, and a Visiting Researcher at the University of Sydney and University College London.
I am an editorial board member for the journal Global Networks and regional editor for the Journal of International and Comparative Higher Education. My work is interdisciplinary, and has been published in journals across the fields of education studies, sociology, and geography. These include Higher Education, Sociology, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, and British Journal of Sociology of Education, among others.
My research is broadly related to the sociology of international higher education, with a particular focus on China. I am also interested in social inequalities (rural/urban) in transitions to the labour market from higher education in China. I also have an interest in higher education internationalisation more generally.
- International student mobility
- The internationalisation of higher education
- Rural/urban inequalities in higher education access/participation/outcomes
- Social class inequalities in higher education access/participation/outcomes
- Transitions into the graduate labour market
- Chinese higher education
- International schooling