BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
Work in partnership with a world leading university to upskill your existing team or recruit new talent through our fully funded Graduate Apprenticeship (GA) Degree in Software Engineering.
- Employers recruit apprentices directly
- Apprentices achieve a BSc in Software Engineering in 4 years
- Programme structure: 20% study; 80% work-based learning
- Entry requirement: Adjusted entry criteria to recognise alternative learning routes
- Student fees are fully funded by the Scottish Funding Council (SFC) via SAAS
The School of Computing Science is rated within the top 10 in the UK (Good University Guide 2020)
The valuable work-based learning is combined with our bespoke intensive foundational course taught in blocks at the university over the first 18 months, ensuring:
- the apprentices have a strong university experience with a dedicated teaching team, full student support and the benefit of learning within their GA peer group in the first two years
- fast tracking of the apprentices’ skills and learning, creating work-ready apprentices from an early stage in the programme
- In years three and four of the programme apprentices can opt to specialise in Data Science, Cyber Security, or Systems Engineering which is delivered through a day release programme.
“We have always found graduates from The University of Glasgow to be ambitious, well rounded, problem solvers that use their grounding in theory and industry awareness to adapt to whatever challenge we present them with”. Colin Jack, Software Engineering Manager, Leidos
Find out more contact:
Contact Claire and Anna in the GA Team at email@example.com
Applications to join the GA Programme are made directly to Partner Employers, who usually advertise between February and June each year. You will find roles you can apply to now on our live vacancies page.
More Partner Employers will be advertising in the coming weeks and months. You can join our mailing list to receive updates when these opportunities go live.
Please visit the University of Glasgow Careers webpages for advice on writing CVs and Cover Letters.