Dr Sye Loong Keoh
- Associate Professor (University of Glasgow Singapore)
- Associate Professor (School of Computing Science)
Sye-Loong Keoh is an Associate Professor in the School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow (UofG, Singapore campus). He is currently the Programme Director of the SIT-UofG Joint Degree in Computing Science and the Director of Research Programmes in UofG Singapore. He holds a Ph.D. in Computing from Imperial College London. Prior to joining Glasgow, he was a Senior Scientist at Philips Research Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Philips Lighting is now known as Signify). His areas of expertise include cyber security for Internet of Things (IoT), lightweight security systems for cyber-physical systems, and policy-based security management for pervasive and distributed systems.
He leads the cyber-security research activities in UofG Singapore where he has designed several lightweight authentication protocols and key management schemes for IoT, building management and industrial control systems. More recently, he is researching on new techniques for securing end-to-end communication and ensuring data provenance in IoT environment. While working at Philips Research, he was responsible for standardizing Marlin Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology for content protection, and lightweight security protocols for Philips’s IoT-based lighting systems.
Personal site: http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~sye
- Security Protocol Design
- Authentication and Access Control Model
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Pervasive Computing and 5G Communication Security
- Internet of Things
- Urban Mobility
- Trusted AI
- MAISE: Multimodal AI-based Security at the Edge
The PETRAS National Centre of Excellence for IoT Systems Cybersecurity
Project Duration: 2021 - 2023
Consortium: University of Glasgow, UK, University of Glasgow (Singapore), STMicroelectronics S.r.l (Italy), Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance (SICSA)
- Real-time Risk Assessment Assistance for Cooperative Mode (RaRaC) Using V2X for Vehicles and Pedestrian in Urban Conditions
Singapore LTA Urban Mobility Grand Challenge
Project Duration: 2021 - 2024
Consortium: Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), University of Glasgow (Singapore), Moovita Pte Ltd, SMRT Corporation Ltd
- GNSS Signal Authentication for Users of High Precision GNSS Positioning
Singapore SNDGO TRANS Grant
Project Duration: 2021 - 2022
Consortium: Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore, University of Glasgow (Singapore), University of Tokyo Japan, Singapore Land Authority (SLA)
- Research on Science & Technology Policy and its Operating Mechanism of Intelligent Manufacturing in South East Asia (东南亚“智能制造领域”科技与政策系统及其运行机制研究)
International Science & Technology Organisation Cooperation Platform Construction Project of Belt and Road, China Association for Science & Technology（中国科协“一带一路”国际科技组织合作平台建设项目）
Project Duration: 2020 - 2021
Consortium: Xiamen Huaqiao University 華僑大學 (China), Universiti TAR (Malaysia), National Institute of Development Administration (Thailand), ASEAN Academy of Engineering and Technology (Cambodia), Institution of Architects, Engineers and Surveyors (Brunei Darussalam), University of Glasgow (Singapore)
- Functional Risk for AV using AI Hybrid Deterministic Method
Singapore Institute of Technology Ignition Grant
Project Duration: 2019 - 2021
Consortium: Singapore Institute of Technology, University of Glasgow (Singapore), Queen's University Belfast UK, Moovita Pte Ltd
- SIT@NYP Smart Living Lab
Singapore Institute of Technology Grant
Project Duration: 2019 - 2020
Consortium: Singapore Institute of Technology, University of Glasgow (Singapore)
- EPSILON (ε): End-to-end Protection for Smart-metering Communication Infrastructure within a Local Field Area Network (FAN)
Ministry of Education Translational R&D and Innovation Fund (MOE-TIF)
Project Duration: 2016 - 2018
Consortium: Republic Polytechnic Singapore, University of Glasgow (UofG, UGS), RFNet Technology and Wi-SUN Alliance
1. Distributed Algorithms and Systems (DAS4) [Year 4, UofG BSc (Hons) Computing Science]
2. Database Systems (DB3) [Year 3, UofG BSc (Hons) Computing Science]
3. Data Structures and Algorithms [Year 1, SIT-UofG Joint Degree]
4. Team Project [Year 2, SIT-UofG Joint Degree]
5. Cloud and Distributed Computing [Year 2, SIT-UofG Joint Degree)
Conferences / Workshops / Standards
- Organising committee, The IEEE World-Forum on Internet-of-Things (WF-IoT), Japan, 2022.
- Programme Co-chair, The 14th International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security (AICS2021), Bali, Indonesia, 8 Dec 2021.
- Programme Co-chair, The 12th Cybersecurity Data Mining Competition (CDMC2021), Jul - Sep 2021.
- Programme Co-chair, Workshop on 5G Security: Current Trends, Challenges and New Enablers in conjunction with IEEE 5G World Forum 2020 and 2021.
Invited Talks / Keynotes
- Cyber Security Round Table Discussion, Organised by Pragma Singapore, 30 March 2021.
- "Exploiting the Power of AI and IoT for Sustainable Intelligent Transportation System", Fireside chat, Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable Cities (AISC), 8 March 2021.
- "Securing Edge and Internet-of-Things (IoT) in an A.I. World ", Invited Talk, AI x Cybersecurity Summit (ACSS2020) Youth Forum, Chongqing, China, 6 December 2020.
- "Internet-of-Things (IoT): Accelerating the Smart City Revolution", Keynote, IEEE Region 10 Humanitarian Technology Conference, Kuching, Sarawak Malaysia, 1 - 3 December 2020. [slides]
- "Smart Manufacturing in Singapore", Invited Talk, The 7th National Intelligent Manufacturing Conference (第七届全国智能制造学术会议), Xiamen, China, 7 November 2020. [slides]
- "Emerging Trends in Intelligent Edge Computing", Specially Invited Address, AIBotics Go-Digital-Webinar, Singapore, 3 September 2020 [slides]
- "Cyber Security and Its Importance in Industry 4.0", Invited Talk, WFEO-CIC International Seminar on Industry 4.0, Ipoh, Perak Malaysia, 12 July 2018
- "Security Management for Network-of-Things (NoT)", Keynote, IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Decentralized Orchestration and Management of Distributed Heterogeneous Things (DOMINOS), Taipei, Taiwan, 23 April 2018 [slides]