Dr Qi Cao
- Assistant Professor in Computing Science (Singapore: Computing Science)
- Assistant Professor (School of Computing Science)
Dr Qi Cao is an Assistant Professor with the School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, Singapore campus. He obtained his PhD degree from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in 2007. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering degree from HuaZhong University of Science & Technology (HUST), Wuhan China in 2000.
He has been with several organizations for many years research experiences, and as the first inventor of 2 granted US patents.
- Assistant Professor, School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow (Singapore campus), (2019 - Present).
- Senior Manager, Government Technology Agency, (2018 - 2019).
- Assistant Director/Joint Program Manager, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, (2013 - 2018).
- Senior Technical Professional, Halliburton, (2011 - 2013).
- Research Scientist, Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), (2009 - 2011).
- Senior Engineer, ST Electronics, (2007 - 2009).
- Engineer, Seagate Technology, (2005 - 2007).
His research interests include Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Signal Processing, Image Processing, Data Analytics, Applications of Computational Intelligence, Programming of Real-time Embedded Systems for IoT Analytics and Applications.
(1). IEEE MultiMedia 2020 Best Paper Award Runner-Up.
Our paper, "PGAN: Part-Based Nondirect Coupling Embedded GAN for Person Reidentification," has been recognized as the runner-up for the 2020 Best Paper Award from IEEE MultiMedia by the IEEE Computer Society Publications Board.
An announcement has been posted online here: https://www.computer.org/publications/best-paper-award-winners
How to cite this paper:
Y. Zhang, Y. Jin, J. Chen, S. Kan, Y. Cen and Q. Cao, "PGAN: Part-Based Nondirect Coupling Embedded GAN for Person Reidentification", IEEE MultiMedia, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 23-33, July-Sept. 2020. DOI: 10.1109/mmul.2020.2999445.
Project Duration: 2022 - 2024
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), University of Glasgow (Singapore campus), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB), Universitas Brawijaya (Indonesia), Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR).
(2). Lab Assistance Device (LAD);
Applied Learning and Innovation Grant (ALIGN);
Project Duration: 2022 - 2023;
Singapore Institute of Technology, University of Glasgow (Singapore campus).
(3). Urban Anomaly Detection and Human Activity Classification with Cellular Base-station Traffic;
DSO Singapore; Temasek Laboratories@NTU;
Project Duration: 2022 - 2024;
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore, University of Glasgow (Singapore campus).
(4). GNSS Signal Authentication for Users of High Precision GNSS Positioning;
Singapore SNDGO TRANS Grant;
Project Duration: 2021 - 2022;
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore, University of Glasgow (Singapore campus), University of Tokyo Japan, Singapore Land Authority (SLA).
1) Computer Organisation and Architecture
2) Operating Systems
3) Professional Software Development
4) Civil Engineering Skills - Python Programming
5) Team Projects
6) Fundamental of Programming (Tutorials)
7) Programming Methodology (Tutorials)
8) Data Structure and Algorithms (Tutorials)
9) Object-Oriented Programming (Tutorials)
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/qi-c-83208629
ResearchGate page: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Qi_Cao4
Google Scholar page: https://scholar.google.com.sg/citations?user=qez76LoAAAAJ&hl=en