Ms Nikki Kane
- Lecturer (History of Art)
My research concerns include artistic working conditions and precarity; festival and biennial cultures; curatorial frameworks and how they might offer supportive models for practitioners; the impact of temporary and re-occurring events on both artists’ careers and artworks made; and the narrative of the artistic career itself.
My broader academic and curatorial research interests include:
- Work and labour
- Performance, choreography and the body
- Public space
- Artist-run spaces
- Curatorial responsibility
- Fashion and visual culture
- Socially-engaged artistic practice
I currently teach on the MSc Creative Industries & Cultural Policy programme, and the undergraduate Creative Arts & Industries programme.