Professor Karen Lury
- Professor of Film & Television Studies (Theatre, Film and Television Studies)
Office hours: please email for an appointment
Children’s film and media.
Amateur film and media.
- 2015 Leverhulme Trust (awarded December 2014, as PI) ‘Collections: an Enlightenment Pedagogy for the 21st Century’: £1,050,000 over 60 months, first cohort, October 2015.
- 2010 AHRC Research Grant (as PI) ‘Children and Amateur Media in Scotland: £584, 152 (2010-2014)
- 2010 British Academy Travel Grant: £400 March 2010 (U.S. conference attendance)
- 2008 AHRC Research Leave 24/09/2007-23/01/08 (with matched University support)
- 2006 British Academy Travel Grant: £400 May 2006 (U.S. conference attendance)
- 2002 AHRB Research Leave 31/03/02-30/06/02 (with matched University support)
- Castle, Kerr
Comfort TV - theorising the everyday use of TV as an apparatus for therapeutic reward, the restoration of identity, and other affects.
- Chandler, Alex
Testing the limits of the ?hard man? in film: masculinity and male health behaviour in Scotland?s public health films 1934-2000
- FELLIOU, ANTONIA
Science Fiction Media and the Role of Women in Contemporary North-American and British Culture'
- Liu, Yue
The role of aestheticisation and consumption as elements of symbolic power in contemporary Chinese film: an examination of youth orientated novel adaptations and critique on their implications for the maintenance or reframing of hierarchical structures
- Wilson, Emmeline
Children with learning disabilities as digital audiences
Karen has supervised over 10 students to completion.
Level 1: Reading the Screen
- Dean of Research, College of Arts (2014-2017)
- AHRC advisory board member (2015-)
- Editor, Screen