Professor Karen Lury
- Head of School and Professor of Film & Television Studies (Theatre, Film & Television Studies)
Office hours: please email for an appointment
Children’s film and media.
Amateur film and media.
- 2015 Leverhulme Trust (awarded December 2014, as PI) ‘Collections: an Enlightenment Pedagogy for the 21st Century’: £1,050,000 over 60 months, first cohort, October 2015.
- 2010 AHRC Research Grant (as PI) ‘Children and Amateur Media in Scotland: £584, 152 (2010-2014)
- 2010 British Academy Travel Grant: £400 March 2010 (U.S. conference attendance)
- 2008 AHRC Research Leave 24/09/2007-23/01/08 (with matched University support)
- 2006 British Academy Travel Grant: £400 May 2006 (U.S. conference attendance)
- 2002 AHRB Research Leave 31/03/02-30/06/02 (with matched University support)
Karen has supervised over 10 students to completion.
- Konstantinou, Christina
Surrealism, Dreams and Other Realities: an Analysis of Imaginary Spaces in Cinema and their Contribution to Metaphysics.
Level 1: Reading the Screen
- Dean of Research, College of Arts (2014-2017)
- AHRC advisory board member (2015-)
- Editor, Screen