PhD candidate in Film & TV studies
Research interests include Sinophone cinema, childhood cinema, popular culture, stardom and film festivals. Lu is also concerned with how generally-defined politics function in cinema (and its industry structure), identity (community) and nationalism.
Research title: A Genealogical Investigation of Taiwan Childhood Cinema
His ongoing doctoral project is about the genealogy of childhood cinema in Taiwan or consider what that means in the framework of Chinese language cinema and even pan-East Asian cinema. This project will broadly examine different representations in the cinema and their relationship with the cinema.
- Lu, Junwei, 2022.07, The Genealogy of Comedian in Taiwan: Ti Ko-liōng, from the Club Show to the Screen (斜／諧議台灣電影史：豬哥亮的喜劇研究), Cultural Studies Quarterly (文化研究季刊), 178:44-68.
- Lu, Junwei, 2020.07, Post-Revolution to Post-Anti-Revolution: Revisit Huang Jianxin’s Filmography from the Perspective of Political Economy of Communication (後革命到「後不革命」：以傳播政治經濟學視角重探黃建新的創作變遷), Journal of Audio-visual Media and Technologies (廣播與電視期刊) ,40: 69-112.
- Lu, Junwei, 2022.11, “The Genealogy of Comedian in Taiwan: Ti Ko-liōng, from the Club Show to the Screen.” The Crossroads in Cultural Studies 2022(Postponed from 2020), The Association for Cultural Studies
- Lu, Junwei, 2022.03, “The Genealogy of Comedian in Taiwan: Ti Ko-liōng, from the Club Show to the Screen.” The 22nd Annual International Conference of Cultural Studies Association.
- Lu, Junwei, 2021.11,“We have never been troubles”: Childhood allegory in Taiwan horror films the “Tag-Along” series (2015-2018) (Virtual Poster), 2021 TCLRA International Conference, Taiwan Children’s Literature Research Association (TCLRA).
- Lu, Junwei, 2021.08, "A comparative study of the tendency and development in films distribution market between Taiwan and Vietnam.” 2021 Annual Conference of Southeast Asian Studies in Taiwan, National Sun Yat-sen University Center of Southeast Asian Studies.
- Lu, Junwei, 2021.01, "Seen and Unseen How the Childhood Reflected in Taiwan Horror Film the Tag-Along Series." EAPCA II, The East Asian Popular Culture Association.
- Lu, Junwei, 2020.06, " Exploring childhood cinema from genre and narrative theory." 2020 CCS Annual Conference, Chinese Communication Society.
- Lu, Junwei, 2019.11, "Representation of Childhood in China in the post-millennium era: taking three films as examples." 2019 Forum of media culture, Commission of media culture in Chinese collegial association for visual art.
- Lu, Junwei, 2019.09, ""Am I watching films? The young movie-lovers consumption practices of watching streaming movies." 2019 TSAE Annual conference, Taiwan Society for Anthropology and Ethnology.
- Lu, Junwei, 2019.06, " News Representation of Consumption Nationalism in Taiwan Post-New Cinema Period." 2019 CCS Annual Conference, Chinese Communication Society.
- Lu, Junwei, 2019.05, " Post-Revolution to Post-Anti-Revolution: Revisit Huang Jianxin’s Filmography from The Perspective of Political Economy of Communication." 2019第六屆學生影像論壇, 國立臺南藝術大學動畫藝術與影像美學研究所.
- Lu, Junwei, 2018.11, " Mythicize Isle of Dreams (“Peng Lai”): An example of Local Metaphor of Modern Taiwan Drama." 2018北藝大全國碩博士戲劇學術論文研討會, 台北藝術大學戲劇學系.
- Lu, Junwei, 2018.11, "Am I watching films? The movie-lovers consumption practices of streaming movies." 2018 UT-SNU-NCCU Joint Symposium, Communication college of NCCU.