Dr Nick Quinn
- Lecturer in Entrepreneurship (Management)
Nick joined the University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School in 2019 as a Lecturer in Entrepreneurship. He graduated from the University of Glasgow in 2004 with a PhD in Entrepreneurship and also holds an MBA (with Distinction), an MSc in Marketing and a BA Hons in Economics. His PhD research focused on the provision of business support networks for small businesses in Scotland.
Prior to joining the University of Glasgow, Nick worked in a variety of roles, including as a Director of a manufacturing business. For the 8 years before joining the Business School, he worked as a management consultant in the areas of organisational development, culture and leadership. In this capacity, he has worked with hundreds of companies of all sizes and in all sectors throughout the UK and has also designed and delivered executive education programmes with a wide variety of organisations.
Nick is the Programme Leader for the MSc Professional Pathways Programme, the MBA Dissertation Convenor and Associate Director of Connections with Practice for the Business School
Nick is a member of the School's Entrepreneurship, Development and Political Economy research cluster
Areas of expertise:
- Family business, particularly succession and emergent leadership
- Management and Professional education and learning - Particularly the use of compressive pedagogy to enhance the development of transferable skills
- Business support networks and the wider entrepreneurial ecosystem.
ESRC IAA Accelerating Business Collaboration (£6k): Accelerating Employee Acceleration
- Entrepreneurship and Consultancy
- Professional Practice 5 (MGT5068) for final year B.Eng and M.Eng students in Engineering - Semester 2
- Entrepreneurial Ventures, Management and Growth (MGT4019) for Junior and Senior Honours UG - Semester One
- Integrating Business and Management in Practice (MGT4106, MGT 4091) Junior and Senior Honours UG - Semester one
- Delivering Performance (Group Tutor)
- Santander Universities Summer School
Professional activities & recognition
Professional & learned societies
- 2020: Fellow, Chartered Management Institute