Dr Kalliopi Chatzipanagiotou
- Senior Lecturer in Marketing (Management)
Dr Kalliopi Chatzipanagiotou holds a PhD in Marketing from the Athens University of Economics and Business. Her research interests include: Services Marketing, Retailing and Tourism. Other primary areas of her academic research are related to Marketing Models and the applicability of Configuration Theory and fs/QCA in marketing. Her research appears in a number of academic journals including Journal of Business Research, European Journal of Marketing, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Journal of Consumer Behaviour, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, as well as in the proceedings of peer-reviewed international conferences.
Dr Chatzipanagiotou sits on the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Product and Brand Management, whilst she is an ad-hoc reviewer for well-established Marketing Journals and Conferences.
Kalliopi is a member of the Marketing research cluster.
Areas of expertise:
- Services Marketing
- Tourism Marketing
- Research Methods in Marketing
Kalliopi is interested in Services Marketing, and especially in the areas of Retailing and Tourism. She also interested in marketing models and the applicability of innovative research methods in Marketing.
Current PhD students
- Services Marketing (MSc core course)
- Cases Problems in Marketing Management (MBA elective course)
- Introduction to Services Marketing (UG elective course)
Previously Taught (ASBS)
- Strategic Marketing Management (MSc)
- International Marketing Management (MSc)
- Marketing Research (UG)
- E- marketing Strategy (MSc)
Honors and distinctions
- PhD Government Scholarship from the General Secretariat for Research and Technology of the Ministry of Development.
- Fellowship in Higher Education Academy (February, 2013)
- Internal examiner for PhDs
- Member of the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Product and Brand Management
Knowledge exchange, executive training and consulting experience
Kalliopi has actively involved in executive training in Services Marketing, Personal Sales Techniques, Customer Relationship Management, and Tourism, having work with leading Greek and multinational companies from various sectors including Athens Water Supply and Sewerage Company (EYDAP SA), Hellenic Post (ELTA), Hellenic Management Association, Hellenic British Council, Gold Air Handling, PNB Paribas, Grecotel hotels and AB Vasilipoulos.
In addition, she has participated to a significant number of research projects sponsored by EU as well as companies and organisations including Hellenic Telecommunications Organization - OTE S.A., Professional Chamber of Athens and Hellenic Institute of Customer Service (HICS).
Furthermore, she has participated in the research team for the design and development of distance learning programs including: “Development of Distance Learning Modules and Applications for marketing courses (e-marketing, Public Relationships, Services Marketing)” for the Hellenic Telecommunications Organization - OTE S.A.; ‘Effectiveness Assessment of Distance Learning Modules and Applications” Athens University of Economics and Business in collaboration with National Technical University of Athens; “Measuring the effectiveness of distance learning technology through CAD/CAM”, Hellenic Organization of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises and Handicraft S.A, National Technical University of Athens and ΩMEGA Technology Ltd.
Reviewer and session chair
Ad- hoc reviewer in the following Academic Journals and International Conferences:
- European Journal of Marketing
- European Management Journal
- International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management
- Cornell Hospitality Quarterly
- Online Information Review
- European Marketing Academy Conference (EMAC)
- European Marketing Academy Regional Conference
- American Marketing Science (AMS)
- Global Innovation and Knowledge Academy (GIKA)
- Session Title: Store Image and Consumer Decision Making in 42nd European Marketing Academy Conference (EMAC), (2013) Istanbul, Turkey.
- Session Title: Services in 43nd European Marketing Academy Conference (EMAC), (2014) Valencia, Spain.