Dr Jaylan Azer
- Lecturer in Marketing (Management)
telephone: 0141 330 0889
Dr Jaylan Azer is a Lecturer in Marketing at the Adam Smith Business School. She holds a PhD in Marketing from the University of Strathclyde. Previously, she was a Lecturer in Marketing at Edinburgh Napier University (2017-2019). Her current research interest is focused within the services domain around the complementary concepts of Service Dominant Logic, value co-creation and actor/customer engagement.
Jaylan is a member of the School's Marketing research cluster.
Areas of expertise:
- Services marketing
- Service dominant logic
- Actor/customer engagement
- Value co-creation
- £1260 Edinburgh Napier Business School Research Funding Competition - awarded 2019
- £6000 British Federation of Women Graduates (BFWG)- awarded 2018
- £1500 Napier’s Research Travel Grant- awarded 2018
- £1400 University of Strathclyde Research Travel Grant – awarded 2017
Jaylan is interested in supervising doctoral research within the services domain around the complementary concepts of Service Dominant Logic, value co-creation and actor/customer engagement. Within this domain, she has an interest in digital customer behaviours and their impact in social networks, AI and machine learning, customer experience and customer well-being.
Jaylan teaches and leads a variety of marketing modules, which relate closely to her research interests.
Keynote speaker at public events
2019 The Scottish Holyrood Magazine
- Social Media Communication public event, Edinburgh, UK (27 Feb. 2019)
- Paper: Customers’ influencer value in social networks
2018 The Scottish Holyrood Magazine
- Digital Communication public event, Edinburgh, UK (24 Oct. 2018)
- Paper: Forms and triggers of negative customer engagement behaviour in digital contexts.
Awards, prizes and recognitions
2019 Certificate of Reviewing
- In recognition of the reviews contributed to the journal of Electronic Commerce Research and Applications
2019 Above & Beyond Award
- Nominated by Edinburgh Napier Business School – Student Experience Category
2017 Best Research Presentation
- Awarded by Strathclyde Business School in 6th Research Conference in Marketing, Glasgow, UK
Affiliations & professional memberships
- The Higher Education Academy – Fellow
- The Marketing Society, Scotland – Corporate Member
- International Training Institute of Credit Agricole, S.A. – IFCAM, Paris, France – Member
- Chartered Accountants Syndicate, Alexandria, Egypt – Member
- The University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland – Alumni
- Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff, Wales – Alumni
Reviewer and editorial duties
Ad hoc reviewer of Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Product and Brand Management, Journal of Service Theory and Practice, Journal of Hospitality and Society & Journal of Service Management