Dr Gillian Maciver
- Lecturer in Accounting & Finance (Accounting & Finance)
Gillian graduated from Heriot-Watt University with a BA(Hons) in Economics, going on to work in industry for several years. She returned to academic studies in 1995 and graduated from Strathclyde University with a MSc in Business Economics, continuing to work there as a research assistant until taking a career break to look after her children. She joined Accounting and Finance at Glasgow in February 2003 and currently provides research and IT training support for staff and postgraduate students. Gillian completed a PhD (Innovation and Finance) at the University of Glasgow in 2020.
Gillian is a member of the Finance research cluster.
Areas of expertise:
- Financial research databases
- Innovation and corporate finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Dissertation and Research Methods (MAcc, MFin, MSc)
- Undergraduate Research Methods (BAcc)
- PhD Master Class (Database Resources)