Dr Charalampos Stasinakis
- Reader (Accounting & Finance)
Charalampos is a Reader in Accounting and Finance at the Adam Smith Business School. He previously held the posts of Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance (2014-2016 / 2016-2020) in the same department. He joined academia in 2013 as a Lecturer in Management Accounting in the department of Accounting, Finance and Economics of Bournemouth University. In terms of his studies, he received a BSc and an MSc in Computer and Electrical Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens in 2010 and a PhD in Quantitative Finance from Adam Smith Business School, Economics, University of Glasgow in 2013.
Charalampos is a member of the School's Finance research cluster.
Areas of research:
- Quantitative finance and operational research
- Artificial intelligence, neural networks, heuristics, machine learning, big data
- Financial forecasting and risk management
- Portfolio optimisation, technical analysis and banking efficiency
- Financial technology
Charalampos is interested in supervising students in the above mentioned areas of research.
Current doctoral supervision
- Adamu, Muhammed
Bridging the Gap between Islamic Financial Principles and Regulation; and that of Conventional Finance; In view of the 2007 Financial Crisis, The Principles and Regulations for Derivative and Financial Markets adopted.
- Adedokun, Adebisi
Innovation Engine: AI, ML, and Big Data
- Li, Yaohua
Analysts’ herding behavior:A new test using textual analysis
- Li, Yixuan
The supply chain finance based on the FinTech development
- Sun, Xiaotong
Is Decentralized Finance becoming more centralized?
- Syzdykov, Abylay
The role of key stakeholders of Fintech ecosystem.
- WEI, MINGZHE
Testing the Cross-sectional Profitability of Technical Analysis between Emerging Markets and Developed Markets
- Zong, Xiangyu
Hybrid SVMs in Financial forecasting and building trading strategy
- Foundations of Financial Technology (PG)
Previously taught courses
- Corporate finance (PG)
- Statistical analysis and methods (UG)
- Issues in accounting research (PG)
- Contemporary business issues (PG)
- International financial management (PG)
- International investment management (PG)
- Management accounting (UG)
- Strategic management accounting (UG)
- Quantitative economic applications (UG)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Guest Editor: Annals of Operations Research, Forecasting Journal
- External Examiner: Cass Business School (BSc Investment & Financial Risk Management)
- Member of the Operational Research Society, Forecasting Financial Markets Association
- Advisor of studies, Assessment Officer
Personal website: Dr Charalampos Stasinakis