Dr Charalampos Stasinakis
- Senior Lecturer in Accounting & Finance (Accounting & Finance)
Dr Charalampos Stasinakis is a Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance at the Adam Smith Business School. Prior to becoming a lecturer at the University of Glasgow in 2014, he was a Lecturer in Management Accounting at Bournemouth University in 2013-14. Charalampos received a BSc and an MSc in Computer and Electrical Engineering at the National Technical University of Athens (2010), and a PhD in Quantitative Finance (Economics) at the University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School in 2013.
Charalampos is a member of the School's Finance research cluster.
Areas of research:
- Quantitative finance and operational research
- Artificial intelligence, neural networks, heuristics
- Financial forecasting and risk management
- Portfolio optimisation, technical analysis and banking efficiency
- Corporate social responsibility
- Financial technology
Charalampos is interested in supervising students in the above mentioned areas of research.
Current doctoral supervision
"The supply chain finance based on the CBDC"
Co-supervisor: Wee Meng
"Testing the cross-sectional profitability of technical analysis between emerging markets and developed markets"
Co-supervisor: Georgios Sermpinis
- Adamu Muhammed
Bridging the Gap between Islamic Financial Principles and Regulation; and that of Conventional Finance; In view of the 2007 Financial Crisis, The Principles and Regulations for Derivative and Financial Markets adopted.
- WEI MINGZHE
Testing the Cross-sectional Profitability of Technical Analysis between Emerging Markets and Developed Markets
- Xu Yaofei
Credit risk based Asset Pricing
- Zong Xiangyu
Hybrid SVMs in Financial forecasting and building trading strategy
- Corporate finance
- Financial investment
- Statistics and econometrics
- Portfolio analysis
- Research methods
- Corporate finance (PG)
- Statistical analysis and methods (UG)
Previously taught courses
- Issues in accounting research (PG)
- Contemporary business issues (PG)
- International financial management (PG)
- International investment management (PG)
- Management accounting (UG)
- Strategic management accounting (UG)
- Quantitative economic applications (UG)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Guest Editor: Annals of Operations Research
- External Examiner: Cass Business School (BSc Investment & Financial Risk Management)
- Member of the Operational Research Society
- Advisor of studies, UG dissertation convenor