Professor Cathy Yi-Hsuan Chen
- Professor in Corporate Finance and Banking (Accounting & Finance)
Cathy Yi-Hsuan Chen joined the Adam Smith Business School March 2019, as Professor in Corporate Finance and Banking. Previously she held a position at the School of Business & Economics in Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, and Mercator Fellow of International Research Training Group 1792.
Her research interests include:
- textual analysis in finance
- information distillation from social media
- financial technologies and cryptocurrencies
- systemic risk in banking industry.
Her research on systemic risk has been invited by European central bank for a seminar talk.
Personal website: Cathy Chen
Cathy is a member of the School's Finance research cluster.
Areas of expertise:
- Textual analysis
- Social media in stock markets
- Machine learning in finance
- Sentiment analysis
October 2018 – March 2022: International Research Training Group 1792, award EUR 200,000
- Alla Petukhina (HU-Berlin)
- Sergey Nasekin (HU-Berlin)
- Hien Pham-Thu (HU-Berlin)
- Petra Burdejova (HU-Berlin)
- Lenka Zbonakova (HU-Berlin)
Information retrieval with Python
- Associate Editor of Digital Finance and also Computational Statistics
- Special issue editor of “Machine learning in Finance” in Digital Finance
- PI of research project “Regulatory Risk Index for Cryptocurrency” in SKBI Singapore Management University
- Visiting Scholar in Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Visiting Scholar in Singapore Management University
- Reviewer in National Science Center, Poland