Dr Carsten Sprenger
- Lecturer in Financial Economics (Economics)
Carsten holds a PhD in Economics from the University Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, Spain. Previous to joining the University of Glasgow, he worked at the New Economic School and the Higher School of Economics, both in Moscow, Russia. Carsten has spent research visits at the CESifo Institute in Munich (2017) and the Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies (BOFIT), and is a CESifo Research Network Affiliate.
Carsten is a member of the School's Finance research cluster.
- Corporate governance
- Corporate finance
- Ownership structure of firms
- Finance of endowments and foundations
- The Russian economy
Potanin Fund, Project "Endowments and Crises", 2020-22, Lead researcher.
- Projects in the areas of Corporate Governance and Corporate Finance, in particular on the role of large owners and the characteristics of CEOs in corporate decisions and performance,
- Projects on financial and spending decisions of charitable foundations and endowments,
- Applied research on the Russian economy.
ASBS 2022-23, 2023-24:
- Econ4013 (UG) Financial Markets and Corporate Finance
- Econ5066 (PG) Corporate Finance and Investments
Earlier courses taught (a selection)
- Undergraduate: Introduction to Finance, Corporate Finance, Investment Management
- Graduate: Asset Pricing, Credit Risk, Corporate Governance.