The Amazon Future Engineer bursary is a national bursary programme aimed at supporting women A-level and BTEC/OCR (or Scottish equivalent) students from low-income households who wish to study computer science or related engineering courses at UK universities.
Awardees will also gain exclusive access to networking groups to meet positive role models, interact with like-minded peers, build long-term relationships, and benefit from collaboration opportunities.
Please see Amazon Future Engineer Bursary 2021 for more details.
To be eligible for an Amazon Future Engineer bursary you must:
- be a woman
- currently be studying:
- for at least 1 A Level or Scottish Highers in science, technology, engineering, or maths; and/or
- a full-time technical course such as computer science or other related computing or engineering courses (for example a BTEC, OCR or the Scottish equivalent) at a further education college
- have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to study an eligible computer science or related engineering course (see eligible courses below) at a university in the UK (including eligible courses with an integrated foundation year)
- be resident in the UK and eligible to pay ‘home’ fee rates for university
- be enrolling at a UK university and commencing study at the start of the 2021-2022 academic year
- have been eligible for free school meals from the date you started your post-16 studies and/or have at least one parent or guardian in receipt of state benefits (not child benefit where this is the only benefit being received)
Please see Amazon Future Engineer Bursary 2021 eligibility criteria for more details.
Number of Scholarships12
£5,000 per year for up to four years of study to cover expenses related to attending university, including tuition fees or accommodation and living costs.
How to apply
Applications for the Amazon Future Engineer bursary for academic year 2021/2022 can be made via the Royal Academy of Engineering here: www.raeng.org.uk/afebursary
The closing date for applications is 4pm Monday 14 June 2021. Applications cannot be submitted after this time.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org