- Samuel Brown “Worms, sheep and environment: integrating ecological perspectives into resistance management”, funded by a NERC Industrial CASE studentship (Supervisor: October 2018-; Co-Supervisor, Rosalind Laing CASE partner: David Bartley, Moredun Research Institute)
- Hannah Wilson, “Mega-biodiversity and the New Guinea Orogeny”, Funded by the MacIntyre Begonia trust (Co-Supervisor: October 2016-; Primary Supervisor: Mark Hughes, Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh)
- Tarid Puriyosoto, “Development of genetic tools for managing populations of the southern white rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum)”, funded by a scholarship from the government of Thailand. (Co-Supervisor: October 2016-; Primary Supervisor: Nicholas Jonsson, in collaboration with Helen Senn at the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland).
- Elizabeth Mittell, “Food security in the omics era: the role of polyploidy, hybridisation and mating system on the ability of crops to adapt to changing environments” Funded by a Lord Kelvin Adam Smith studentship(Primary Supervisor: January 2015-; Co-Supervisors: Christina Cobbold, Umer Ijaz)
- James Burgon, “How the salamander got his spots: the genetics of colour, shape and local adaptation in European salamanders” Funded by NERC quota studentship (Co-Supervisor October 2013-May 2018; Primary Supervisor`; Kathryn Elmer)
- Manun Wongserepipitana (now publishing under Channumsin), PhD candidate, “Molecular Epidemiology of African Trypanosomes in Tsetse Flies” Funded by a scholarship from the Government of Thailand (Supervisor from January 2014-August 2016; Supervisor from October 2012/ Co-supervisor from January 2014: Mike Turner)
- Alan P. Reynolds, "Applied evolution: an experimental approach to investigating how the interaction between parasite life history strategies and control measures affects rates of resistance evolution" Funded by a NERC quota studentship (Supervisor: June 2011-; Co-supervisors Jan Lindström and Paul Johnson)
- John Hume, "The ecological and genetic drivers of polymorphism in lampreys." Funded by Scottish Natural Heritage (Co-supervisor, Oct. 2009-January 2013; Supervisor: Colin Adams, Glasgow; Co-supervisor: Colin Bean, SNH)
- Anna Muir, "Amphibians in changing environments: Predicting impacts on distributions, genomic composition and adaptation", Funded by a BBSRC CASE studentship, in collaboration with the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (Supervisor, Oct. 2009-December 2012; Co-Supervisors: Rob Thomas, RZSS; Roman Biek, Glasgow)
- Jared Bakuza, "Epidemiology of Schistosoma mansoni infection in sympatric humans and non-human primates in the Gombe area", Tanzania. Funded by the Glasgow Centre for International Development (Supervisor, March. 2009-November 2012; Co-Supervisors: Gamba Nkwengulila, University of Dar Es Salaam; Mike Stear, Glasgow)
- Andrew Tedder, "Phylogeography and outcrossing rates in plants", Funded by a tied studentship on a NERC grant to BKM (Supervisor, Jan. 2006-Jan. 2010; Co-supervisor: Steve Ansell, Natural History Museum)
- Clare Marsden, "MHC and fitness in African Wild Dogs", Funded by a NERC CASE studentship lead by BKM (Supervisor, Oct. 2006-July 2010), in collaboration with the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (Co-supervisors: Rob Thomas, RZSS; Lorna Kennedy, University of Manchester; Dan Haydon, Glasgow).
- Marte Jørgensen, PhD candidate, University of Oslo, Norway, “Polyploidy and self-incompatibility in plants”, Funded by a grant to Anne Brysting (Co-supervisor, May 2006-November 2011)
- Ashley Le Vin, "Kin recognition in cooperatively breeding fish", Funded by a BBSRC Doctoral Training studentship (Co-supervisor, Oct. 2006-October 2010; Supervisor: Kate Arnold)
- Marte Jørgensen, University of Oslo, Norway, "Polyploidy and self-incompatibility in plants", Funded by a grant to Anne Brysting (Co-supervisor, May 2006-November 2011)
- Peter Hoebe, "Inbreeding depression in relation to outcrossing rates in plants", Funded by the Faculty of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Glasgow (Supervisor, Jan. 2006-September 2009; Co-supervisor: Mary Woodhead, Scottish Crop Research Institute)
- Lucy Webster, "Population genetics of parasitic nematodes of red grouse", Funded by a Leverhulme grant to Lukas Keller (Co-supervisor, Dec. 2003-August 2005: Supervisor: Lukas Keller, University of Zurich)
Postdoctoral Research Fellows
- Dr. James Buckley, University of Glasgow, funded by NERC (Sept. 2011-Dec. 2013), "Assessing the impact of plant mating system and ploidy in adaptation to parasitism in changing environments"
- Dr. Annabelle Haudry, University of Glasgow, funded by ERA-PG/BBSRC (October 2008-September 2010), "Levering the genome sequences of two Arabidopsis relatives for evolutionary and ecological genomics" Current Location: University of Lyon, France
- Dr. Hong-Guang Zha, University of Glasgow, funded by ERA-PG/BBSRC (September 2007-August 2008), "Levering the genome sequences of two Arabidopsis relatives for evolutionary and ecological genomics" Current Location: Kunming institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Science
- Dr. Marc Stift, University of Glasgow, funded by NERC (May 2007-April 2010), "Mating systems and genetic diversity in Arabidopsis lyrata" Current Location: University of Konstanz
- Dr. Karim Gharbi, University of Glasgow, funded by Wellcome VIP award (Feb.-Oct. 2006), "The evolution of duplicate genes in salmonids" Current Location: The GenePool, University of Edinburgh
- Dr. Paul Johnson, University of Glasgow, funded by the Leverhulme Trust (2004-2006), "Estimating gene flow in a parasitic nematode of red grouse" Current Location: IBAHCM, Glasgow
- Aileen Adam
- Ryan Carter
- Kate Griffiths
- Elizabeth Kilbride
Former Lab Members, University of Guelph
- Nadia Prigoda, MSc Student 2002-2004"Phenotypic and molecular expression of self-incompatibility alleles in Arabidopsis lyrata"
- Jennifer Fabrizi, MSc Student 2001-2003"Stability of polyploidy in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae"
- Paul Kron [firstname.lastname@example.org], Research Associate 2001-2005Projects: Developing flow cytometry methods for plants, self and cross-pollinations to establishing strength of SI in Arabidopsis lyrata"
- Laura Witham, Undergraduate Research Assistant 2003-2005"Inheritance of loss of self-incompatibility in natural populations of Arabidopsis lyrata"
- Alex Robertson, Research Assistant 2003-2004"Developing microsatellite methods and establishing outcrossing rates in Arabidopsis lyrata"
- Christina DiBerardo, Undergraduate Research Assistant, 2002-2004"Genotyping S-alleles in diploid and tetraploid populations of Arabidopsis lyrata"
- Sara Dart, Undergraduate Research Assistant 2002-2004"Developing chromosome techniques, establishing outcrossing rates in natural populations of Arabidopsis lyrata through self-pollinations"
- Jaclyn Beland, Undergraduate Research Assistant 2001-2002"Segregation and dominance of S-alleles in tetraploid populations of Arabidopsis lyrata"