Fully Funded Research Fellowships
Our Lord Kelvin / Adam Smith (LKAS) Fully Funded Fellowships scheme includes salary and research costs, and offers the opportunity to establish and develop an independent research career.
We are not currently recruiting for LKAS Fully Funded Fellowships.
What we are offering
- Each Fully Funded Fellowship will run for five years and will cover salary costs on Grade 7 or 8 (£33,943 – £48,327). In addition to the salary funding, an allowance for research costs will be made at a rate of £10,000 per annum for each year of the fellowship for laboratory-based research or £5,000 per annum for each year for non-laboratory-based research.
- Progression to Years 4 and 5 will be dependent on a robust performance assessment at the end of Year 3; in addition to meeting agreed objectives, Fellows will be expected to obtain research funding in line with an agreed, discipline-relevant target.
- Fellows will be appointed a mentor and will be entitled to participate in any of the training programmes and courses offered by the School/Institute, College or University.
- To support development, Fellows will set annual SMART objectives with their line managers.
- Prior to the end of the Fellowship, Fellows will meet with their line managers to discuss possible opportunities for continuing posts.
Who we are looking for
- Applicants must have at least 2 years' experience at postdoctoral level and should be between 2 and 7 years post-PhD. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate an outstanding capacity for innovative research and have a strong publications record (specifically, to have identified 4* outputs post-2013).
- Career breaks due to maternity, paternity or adoption leave, illness or other exceptional circumstances will be considered.
- The University of Glasgow welcomes those returning to work after a period of absence or those who require a flexible working pattern, and supports schemes such as The Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships and The Daphne Jackson Trust Fellowships.
- All applicants will be judged against equivalent quality thresholds, with a focus on contribution to future REF exercises at the 4* quality level.
- In specific circumstances, previous holders of LKAS Fellowships will be eligible for Fully Funded Fellowships. Contact the relevant College Research Office with any queries regarding eligibility.
For general questions about our LKAS Fellowships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about research expertise, contact the relevant College Research Office.