Advanced Practice in Veterinary Nursing MSc/PgDip/PgCert: Online distance learning
Try a taster course
Try a taster course
Try one of our taster courses by following these simple steps:
- Access the virtual learning environment
- Click create new account
- Create user name
- Create password
- Enter email adress, first name and surname
- Click create my new account
- Choose the programme you are interested in from the list
- Click enrol me.
We hope this will assist you with your decision to enroll in an online course with us and provide you with an insight into how our programmes run and what studying online involves.
Community is a big factor in this programme and participating in discussions around different topics make the course a success and you feel well supported in your learning.
Whilst there will be a multitude of learning resources made available to you, we can also learn a lot from each other's experience as well.
So each week we'll encourage you to discuss the topics with each other, which makes for a great learning experience. Of course, you tutor will also be on hand to answer your questions and encourage your discussions.
Computer requirements for studying online
Broadband internet connection
- 3 mbps or higher
Our online learning platform Moodle is compatible with any standards compliant web browser. This includes:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
For the best experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date.
Please note: legacy browsers with known compatibility issues with Moodle 3.3 are:
- Internet Explorer 10 and below
- Safari 7 and below
- Processor: 2GHz
- Operating system (minimum):
- Microsoft Windows Vista service pack 1
- Windows 7
- Mac OS X v10.4.11+
- Memory: 3GB of RAM or more
- Hard disk: 300GB
- Sound card and microphone
- Speakers or headphones
- Monitor and video card with 1024x768 display or higher
Mobile device specifications
- iOS: latest (Apple Safari & Google Chrome)
- Android: 4.4+ with latest Google Chrome
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Media player e.g. Windows Media Player or VLC
- Word processing software (that outputs to the following file types for marking online: .doc, .docx, .html, .txt, .rft, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .hwp)
- Anti-virus software
Advised hardware / software
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Headset (ideally with a USB connector)