Advanced Practice in Veterinary Nursing MSc/PgDip/PgCert: Online distance learning
Online learning at the University of Glasgow allows you to benefit from the outstanding educational experience that we are renowned for - without having to relocate to our campus.
You do not need to have experience of studying online as you will be guided through how to access and use all of our online resources.
You will connect with your fellow students and tutors through our virtual learning environment where you will have access to a multitude of learning resources including:
- recorded lectures
- live seminars
- interactive quizzes
- journal articles
- electronic books and other web resources
Why not try a taster course in the virtual learning environment and get an insight into how our programmes run and what studying online involves.
A global community
As an online student at the University you will become part of a global community of learners.
Community building and collaborative learning is a key focus of our online delivery and you will be encouraged and supported to interact with your fellow classmates and tutors in a number of ways.
For example, through the discussions areas on our virtual learning environment, by skype, during live seminars and in our virtual campus on Second Life.
Great emphasis is placed on making sure you feel well supported in your learning and that you have good interactions with everyone on the programme. Support is available in a number of ways and you will find out more about this during orientation.
All you need to participate in our online programmes is a computer and internet access.
Computer requirements for studying online
Broadband internet connection
- 3 mbps or higher
Our online learning platform Moodle is compatible with any standards compliant web browser. This includes:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
For the best experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date.
Please note: legacy browsers with known compatibility issues with Moodle 3.3 are:
- Internet Explorer 10 and below
- Safari 7 and below
- Processor: 2GHz
- Operating system (minimum):
- Microsoft Windows Vista service pack 1
- Windows 7
- Mac OS X v10.4.11+
- Memory: 3GB of RAM or more
- Hard disk: 300GB
- Sound card and microphone
- Speakers or headphones
- Monitor and video card with 1024x768 display or higher
Mobile device specifications
- iOS: latest (Apple Safari & Google Chrome)
- Android: 4.4+ with latest Google Chrome
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Media player e.g. Windows Media Player or VLC
- Word processing software (that outputs to the following file types for marking online: .doc, .docx, .html, .txt, .rft, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .hwp)
- Anti-virus software
Advised hardware / software
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Headset (ideally with a USB connector)