The MSc in Product Design Engineering aims to:
- Offer each individual student the opportunity to critically develop his or her own work in the context of a rigorous but supportive intellectual climate;
- Acquire key skills in the areas of user-centred design, product design, mechanical engineering, and electronic and electrical engineering;
- Encourage students to identify and explore key contextual issues relevant to their practice;
- Develop students' awareness and knowledge base in design philosophy, theory, practice and research in the context of innovative forms of design;
- Enable students to achieve the highest possible standards in their work, so that graduates have the confidence, maturity and intellectual and interpersonal skills necessary to function successfully in the design engineering field;
- Equip students with the highly developed intellectual, practical and interpersonal skills deemed necessary for their career.
Graduates destinations should expect to follow a similar pattern to our integrated masters programme which include Apple Computers (USA), BAESystems, Cambridge Consultants, Dyson, Hoover-Candy, JCB, Nokia, Philips, Polaroid, Schlumberger and Terex. Graduates could also establish their own companies.