On this page:
Find out what's required on your award letter from your sponsor and how to complete financial registration.
This information applies to full-time and part-time students.
Applying to your sponsor - the basics
You must apply each year to your sponsor for payment of your tuition fees.
Submit your application as soon as possible so that your sponsor can process it before you are due to register at the beginning of the new academic term.
Your sponsor must issue you with an award letter confirming that they are responsible for payment of your fees for each academic term.
You will need a sponsorship letter for each academic term.
Your award letter. What's required?
The letter must meet the requirements listed below in order for your sponsorship to be approved and an invoice sent out to your sponsor.
Failure to provide the relevant information could result in the sponsorship letter being rejected during registration.
The information we need from your sponsor on your award letter:
- Award letters must be on official letter headed paper
- Student name and, if known, GUID
- Amount (in £ Sterling) that the sponsor will pay
- Sponsor name
- Address to which invoice should be sent
- Payment department contact details (name, email address and telephone number)
- Sponsor's student reference number or PO number (where applicable)
- Programme of study for which the student is being sponsored
- Academic term for which the student is being sponsored
Sponsor invoice requests
Any specific sponsor invoice requests should be included on the sponsorship letter. For example, if the sponsor wants the invoice emailed then this must be stated with the appropriate email address.
We will aim to meet all sponsor requests where possible and will liaise directly with the sponsor to discuss any requests.
Completing financial registration
This will enable us to quickly verify details of your sponsor and minimise any delay.
Any problems uploading your award letter?
If you cannot upload a digital copy of your sponsor letter into MyCampus you should:
- Raise a Help and Support call, or
- Email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote your University of Glasgow student number (this is your GUID) in the subject of your email.
You can also post a copy of your award letter to:
Finance Office (Tay House)
University of Glasgow
Please write your University of Glasgow student number on the top of the copy of your award letter. We are unable to return original documents so please only send a copy of your award letter.
Liability for payment of fees
You will become liable for payment of any fees due and will be asked to pay your fees to complete financial registration, if:
- You do not provide us with details of your sponsor during registration,
- You do not submit an application for sponsorship, or
- Your sponsor assesses you as ineligible for funding
Are your fees correct?
It is your responsibility to ensure your financial account on MyCampus is correct.
Contact the Accounts Receivable team immediately if the fees do not reflect what you expect: