IMAESC International Seminar 2017
On Monday 15 May, the University of Malta hosted the 1st Research Seminar on International Issues in Adult Education which included papers on different aspects of adult education presented by students in the (Erasmus Mundus) International Master in Adult Education for Social Change (IMAESC). The Seminar was opened by Pro-Rector Professor Godfrey Baldacchino while Dr Bonnie Slade from the lead partner, University of Glasgow, delivered the keynote address via video conferencing. The Dean of the Faculty of Education, Professor Sandro Caruana, closed the seminar.
IMAESC students presented a variety of papers on different aspects of Adult Education including:
- Women's Education in Arab Countries: Jordan and Algeria
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity and why this Discussion Matters in Adult Education in Brazil.
- Language Training Programmes for Adult Migrants: Language-as-Problem, Language-as-Right and Language-as-Resource.
- Civic engagement and adult education in established and emerging democracies
- To be liked or to be right? - social conformity and adult education
- Experiential Learning through Peace Corps Service
- Sustainable Development Goal and Adult Learning: Bangladesh Context.
- Rethinking Pre Marital HIV/AIDS Testing in a divorce stricken state
- Adult Education in India from a Subaltern Perspective
Please click here for further information.
First published: 15 May 2017