Institution of Engineering and Technology Awards 2023
Published: 22 March 2023
These IET awards are to recognise individuals who stand out from their peers and are making achievements in their area of expertise. Nominations and applications are now open and will close on 15th May 2023.
These Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) awards are to recognise individuals who stand out from their peers and are making achievements in their area of expertise. Nominations are now open for the following awards:
Engineering and Technology Apprentice
Award for an apprentice on an IET Accredited Apprenticeship to recognise someone you are proud of, who stands out for their passion and has been making achievements in their apprenticeship.
- The engineering apprentice should be on an IET Accredited Apprenticeship scheme and making outstanding contributions towards their employer or operational area
- Tell us what they have achieved, why they should win, and about any ambassadorial STEM activities, they have been part of.
Engineering and Technology Technician
Award for a professional registered technician in an engineering and technology technical support role to recognise the exceptional contribution to the profession with emphasis on how they have demonstrated commitment to engineering or technology through their technical and professional development.
- Evidence of your nominee’s contribution with emphasis on how they have demonstrated outstanding engineering or technical understanding and ability in the workplace will be needed to complete the nomination
- Nominations are welcome for engineering technicians in supporting roles within the engineering, technology or academic sectors
- All nominees must be professionally registered as either EngTech or ICTTech to be eligible for this award.
- Two years of free IET membership.
You can nominate an amazing technician, or they can apply themselves and request a reference from you, or a manager they work with. The form is straightforward and simply asks you to tell us about some of the great work they have been doing, any additional activities such as promotion of engineering that they have been a part of, and ultimately, why they should win!
Nominations are now open, and close on 15th May 2023 – check out the criteria and nominate here: www.theiet.org/techawards
The IET Achievement Medals are also now open for nominations and celebrate the incredible talent within engineering and technology, with a wide range of categories to recognise people who have made a real impact in their industry. With a range of medals to celebrate everyone, we’re looking for our 2023 winners. Whether they’re just starting out in their engineering journey, or have a lifetime of amazing career achievements, there are plenty of opportunities to truly recognise those who are making the world a better place. These medals are nomination only.
Nominations are now open, and close on 15th May 2023 – check out the criteria and nominate here: https://www.theiet.org/impact-society/awards-scholarships/achievement-awards/achievement-medals/
First published: 22 March 2023