Dr Zara Gladman
- Public & Community Engagement Advisor (Research & Innovation Services)
Research & Innovation Services, Room 112, 11 The Square, University of Glasgow
I joined the University as Public & Community Engagement Advisor in April 2019.
From 2012-2019, I worked as Public Engagement Coordinator for Glasgow Science Festival, developing and delivering innovative public engagement projects for diverse communities. My projects included art-engineering theatre project 'Imagineer' and the award-winning 'Chasing the Waves', which engaged school children and the public with gravitational wave research. I have also worked with BBC Scotland to develop accessible video content drawn from current research.
I have a PhD in Ecology, which investigated the impact of non-native crayfish species on Scottish ecosystems.
Contact me for:
- Support with public or community engagement projects and events, including developing an effective evaluation plan to capture impact
- Support with public or community engagement elements in REF Case Studies or grant proposals
- Training and public or community engagement opportunities
- Support with public engagement grant-writing
- Support with promoting your public engagement projects and events
Never done public engagement before? Thinking of dipping your toe in the water? I'm here to help.
Already doing public engagement but we haven't met? I'd love to hear about it. Please join the public engagement mailing list for the latest opportunities (VPN required): http://www.tinyurl.com/uofgpe