Dr Zara Gladman
- Public & Community Engagement Advisor (Research & Innovation Services)
Research & Innovation Services, Room 112, 11 The Square, University of Glasgow
I joined the University as Public & Community Engagement Advisor in April 2019. In 2022 I was seconded as ARC Festival Manager to organise the first public opening festival of the Advanced Research Centre (ARC), ARCadia. As of 2023 I have returned to by substantive role, working to embed good practice in engagement across the university.
From 2012-2019, I worked as Public Engagement Coordinator for Glasgow Science Festival, developing and delivering innovative public engagement projects for a range of communities. My projects included art-engineering theatre project 'Imagineer' and the award-winning 'Chasing the Waves', which engaged school children and the public with gravitational wave research. I have also worked with BBC Scotland to develop accessible video content drawn from current research.
I have a PhD in Ecology, which investigated the impact of non-native crayfish species on Scottish ecosystems.
Contact me for:
- Advice on the planning and evaluation of public or community engagement projects and events
- Support with public or community engagement elements in REF Case Studies or grant proposals
- Training and public or community engagement development opportunities including the UofGEngage Forum
- Advice on public engagement grant-writing
- Developing engagement strategies
Never done public engagement before? Thinking of dipping your toe in the water? I'm here to help.
Already doing public engagement but we haven't met? I'd love to hear about it. Please join the public engagement mailing list for the latest opportunities (VPN required): http://www.tinyurl.com/engagemail