Ms Mary Beth Kneafsey
- PGR Strategy & Policy Manager (Research & Innovation Services)
Research Strategy and Innovation Office, Room 446, 11 The Square, G12 8QQ
Mary Beth’s role is to work with the VP (Research) and Deans of Graduate Studies Committee to drive the development and implementation of strategy and policy relating to PGR students. This includes leading the Postgraduate Research Service, representing PGR interests in committees and working groups across the University and acting as a liaison between the University and external funders.
Contact me about...
- University-wide strategy, policy, and procedures relating to PGRs and the PGR Code of Practice;
- Advice on RCUK studentship terms and conditions;
- Support for pre-and post-award funding matters for RCUK funded studentships;
- Information about the Graduate School Review process or Review Reports;
- Information about national and international trends in doctoral education.
Mary Beth joined the University in 2001, bringing experience from working in such varied areas such as real estate law and fine wine sales. She has held a number of positions within the University, most recently as Executive Education Programmes Manager in the Business School, joining the Office of the Vice Principal (Research and Enterprise) (now RSIO) in December 2010. Mary Beth has a B.A. in French Language and Culture from the University of Pennsylvania, an Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts from the California Culinary Academy, an M.Ed. (Lifelong Learning) from the Open University and an MBA from Glasgow.