QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022
Published: 8 April 2022
UofG sees rises across several subject areas
The University has risen in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022, with 24 out of 41 subjects now within the world top 100.
This year’s results (published 6 April 2022) show the University improving in four out of five Faculty areas: Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences & Management, Natural Sciences and Engineering & Technology. Life Sciences, while marginally lower than in 2021, maintains its position as the University’s best performing faculty area.
- Arts & Humanities are ranked 66, up from 72 in 2021
- Engineering & Technology are ranked joint 156, up from 188 in 2021
- Natural Sciences are ranked joint 118, up from 137 in 2021
- Social Sciences & Management are ranked joint 87, up from 114 in 2021
- Life Sciences and Medicine are ranked 51, down from 49 in 2021
The 2022 results show the University now having 24 out of 41 subjects within the world top 100 at subject level, with notable mentions including:
- Anatomy & Physiology regained a spot in the world top 50, to become the University’s joint highest-ranking subject, along with Veterinary Science, at 18 in the world.
- Accounting and Finance rose from 97 to 61.
- English Language & Literature and Education make up our other subjects in the world top 50.
The QS World rankings, which rank institutions worldwide, are released in June. In 2021 the University rose four places to 73rd globally.
Professor Sir Anton Muscatelli said: “I am pleased to see the positive results from this year’s QS World Faculty and Subject rankings, with the University now ranking among the top 100 institutions in 24 out of 41 subject areas.
“Results such as these do not happen by themselves and are testament to the tremendous efforts of colleagues from across the University, working together to deliver truly world-class teaching and research.”
You can find out more about the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022:
First published: 8 April 2022