Watch UofG European Forum
Around 150 staff and students attended a lively and engaging staff/student forum on Brexit and what it might mean for the university in the Kelvin Gallery on Thursday 25 August.
The event followed on from a number of communications issued by the Principal and others in the light of the referendum result, and is intended to be the first in a series of opportunities for staff and students to ask questions and be briefed on what Brexit will mean for all of us.
Joining the Principal on the panel was:
- Christine Barr - Director of Human Resources
- Joe Galloway - Finance Office Research
- Ameer Ibrahim - SRC President
- Miles Padgett - Vice-Principal - Research
- Rachel Sandison - Director, Marketing, Recuitment and International Office
The 75 minute session was filmed and can be viewed below:
Questions ranged from:
- The impact of Brexit on campus development
- The status of EU students and staff during and after the negotiations
- Could Scotland negotiate a different arrangement from the rest of the UK
- Whether the university should investigate formal links with other European institutions
- How to best support EU staff and students
- Funding and staff/student mobility
The Principal made clear that the university was doing all that it could, both as an individual institution but also as a member of partner bodies such as Universities Scotland, Universities UUK and the Guild of European Research Intensive Institutions, to lobby for the best possible outcome for Glasgow.
More information on Brexit and what it might mean is available at EU Information
First published: 16 August 2016