Images with Impact Competition
Do you have any images that illustrate your research, or the impact of your research? Or perhaps you have exciting images that showcase the College of Medical Veterinary and Life Sciences (MVLS)? Could you create a stunning image which would help visualise your work and its impact, or display the College to its best advantage?
We are holding an image competition with two categories. We are looking for eye-catching, high-quality images which either:
- A. bring research to life and capture people’s attention, whether it be microscopic subjects such as parasites or waterbears (tardigrades) or an image which highlights the application of your research in its wider social or environmental context
- B. presents aspects of life and activity in MVLS that showcase the College to the wider world. This could be anything and is open to your interpretation, including for example education, people, places and things...Let your imagination run wild!
Your winning image could feature on the front of this year's College Christmas card, as well as being used on the University and College's website and marketing materials. You could also win a £50 book token or Amazon voucher.
Last year’s College Christmas card: The Heart of a City by Dr Mirjam Allik, a Data Analyst in the MRC/CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit. The map shows the level of deprivation (using the Carstairs score) in and around Glasgow in 2011. The dark red areas are the most deprived and the lighter areas the least deprived. This image helps to determine areas with particular needs for health services and interventions.
How to enter
If you would like to take part, please submit high quality images that you think best illustrate your research or the impact it has, or showcases MVLS to its best advantage via the University’s File Transfer Service, as described below, by Friday 6 November:
- The File Transfer link is: https://transfer.gla.ac.uk/
- Start by logging in and then clicking the "Drop-off" button.
- There is no request code.
- Please send your files to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We're looking forward to seeing what you come up with! If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
For terms and conditions, visit the competition website: www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/mvls/researchimpact/imageswithimpactcompetition/
First published: 3 November 2015