Here are some of the arrangements for religious observance over the coming weeks.
The University of Glasgow celebrates and values the diversity of its students, staff and visitors and aims to create an environment where the cultural, religious and non-religious or similar philosophical beliefs of all are respected.
You can take part in a variety of services in the University Memorial Chapel, including the daily ten minute morning service, Winter Graduation services of Thanksgiving and Advent and Christmas Services.
The Book of Condolence for the recent terrorist incidents in France can still be signed in the University Chapel until Friday of this week.
Upcoming Services in the Memorial Chapel:
- Tuesday 8th December 6.00 pm Choral Evensong for Advent
- Sunday 13th December 6.00 pm Service of Nine Lessons & Carols
- Tuesday 15th December 10.30 am University Nursery Nativity Service
- Tuesday 15th December 6.00 pm Family Service of Carols
Please note: this year there will be no Watchnight Service in the University Memorial Chapel on Thursday 24th December
On behalf of the Catholic Chaplaincy, Mass times are as follows:
- Sunday - 9.00 am, 11.30am and 6.15pm
- Monday - Friday 1.05pm
Prayer and Devotions
- Monday 8am - Morning Prayer of the Church
- Tuesday - Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament 1.30 pm - 6.00 pm (during term time)
- Wednesday after 1.05pm Mass - Novena to our Lady Seat of Wisdom
- Monday - Friday - Rosary 12.45 pm
- Monday - Friday - 12 noon Angelus
- Friday after Mass - Divine Mercy Novena
- Confession - Monday, Wednesday and Friday - 12.45pm (and any time on request)
For Muslim members of staff and students
At the moment there are two Friday prayers in the University Forehall, 12.20pm and 1.05pm. (The times will change as the year progresses.) The University Library Level 9 Annexe prayer space, is currently still available for use but will soon be made unavailable for a short period of time. This is to accommodate the ongoing renovations in the building.
The University's Interfaith room is currently available from 9am-5pm. The Interfaith Room is located on level 1, Main Building (downstairs from the Chaplaincy Offices).
There is also a Interfaith prayers space in the Wolfson Medical School building that is accessible to students studying Medicine/ Dentistry.
You can contact the Glasgow University Muslim Students Association at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tonight (Tuesday 1 December)
A reminder that the University Service of Thanksgiving for Pets & Companion Animals is this evening:
- Time: 6.30 pm
- Venue: University Memorial Chapel, The Square, off University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ
You can get information about the entire spectrum of religions and beliefs on the University Chaplaincy website.
First published: 30 November 2015