Under the hood at graduations
Graduations are one of the highlights of our University year and run smoothly every time, like a well-oiled machine. A new, University video aims to capture the essence of a graduation at the University.
What this video does not show is the enormous effort by the many members of staff, who work tirelessly to produce this spectacular highlight to our students' years of hard work.
The ceremony is a great example of UofG people working together to produce a flawless event and a memorable day for each and every student.
Congratulations to everyone who helps to keep the engine running so efficiently every year - the inspiring people who make it happen.
Senior Vice-Principal, Neal Juster, said: “Inspiring People are at the heart of our university and everything we do. This is reflected in our new strategic plan: inspiring people, changing the world. The success of our graduation days is due to the very hard work of so many of our university colleagues. They inspire me and I am sure they inspire you too. You’ll spot many of them in the happy scenes in the video which has just been released, ensuing that graduation days are memorable events in our student’s, and their supporters’, lives. I’m very pleased to have the chance to offer my thanks and admiration too.”
Video directed by Ger Malcolm
Special thanks to:
- Amber Higgins of the Senate Office
- Andrew Grimes the University Piper
- Central Services – Janitorial , Security and Traffic
- Cleaning Services
- Graeme Kane
- Elaine Donaldson and the Registry Office
- Hospitality Services
- James Brown SLSD
- Kevin Bowyer - University Organist
- Neil Croll RIO
- Nigel Hutchins and the Media Production Unit
- Paul Dragsnes and the staff of the Bedellus Office
- Stephen Mccann and the Photographic Unit
- Steve Lawrence and the AV/IT staff
...and many, many more!
First published: 10 August 2015