We offer members of the public access to the Library to consult items in our collections.
Passes are issued for one day only.
Apply for a visitor's pass
You can apply for a visitor's pass if:
- You wish to consult material that you have been unable to locate elsewhere locally
- You are a visiting student from abroad
- You require access to the European Documentation Centre
- Access to Archives & Special Collection is by appointment only
How to apply
Apply in person at the Welcome Desk during staffed service hours - please bring a form of personal identification e.g. driving license or passport.
If you wish to apply for summer visitor access contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: study spaces are limited; we are unable to offer access to people seeking a quiet place to study.
Part-time or placement student, distance learner, full-time postgraduate, or academic at another UK university?
You may be eligible to join the Library under the SCONUL Access scheme.
How to join
- Complete our online membership application
- We will ask you to submit your SCONUL acceptance email, a scan of your student ID card, and a photo
- You will receive confirmation when your access card is available for collection
If enrolled as SCONUL Band A, B or C, your University of Glasgow borrower's card allows you to: