Build polished flowcharts, diagrams, org charts, floor plans, engineering designs, and more. Use modern shapes and templates easily and intuitively in a familiar Office experience with Visio.
- Diagrams build org charts, build floor plans, Map IT networks, Create UML diagrams, Visio Viewer
- Flows map processes, master flowcharts
- Plan and brainstorm effectively, optimise with BPMN(Business Process Model and Notation), visualise data
How to get Visio
Visio in Microsoft 365 is available to all staff and students.
If you require Visio Plan 2
- You will need to provide
- the email address of the member of staff to be licensed
- the name of your area Resources Manager approving
- the Finance Agresso sub-project code for annual charge (£30 )
When the Resource Manager approves, the named person will be licensed and advised of installation instructions
- On staff managed desktops, the software will appear in the Software Centre.
- On non-managed devices download and install from Office 365. Office Installations > Other software. This allows you to install on up to 5 devices for your own use.
Free alternatives to Visio
There are apps with similar features to Visio that are available for free.
Microsoft Whiteboard App
(part of Office365 available to University staff and students)
Microsoft Whiteboard is an infinite, collaborative canvas for effective meetings and engaging learning. You can use Whiteboard to collaborate with other people and accomplish many activities, from brainstorming and planning to learning and workshops.
Microsoft Whiteboard Help
This is a simpler version of Visio and is available inside PowerPoint and word to create visuals and text
Find out more about SmartArt from Microsoft
PowerPoint Design Ideas
Create professional slide layouts that visualise your content and allow you to select design ideas for your content. Type out your content on a plain text layout slide, then click design ideas which uses artificial intelligence to suggest layouts
Find out more about PowerPoint Design Ideas from Microsoft