Plan and collaborate on projects easily with Project for the web, using Grid, Timeline, and Board views.
It is a subscription service paid annually.
Before requesting Microsoft Project please note:
- Microsoft Project does not provide monthly highlight reporting or “time-series” analysis (apart from complex project base lining). It may be overly complex, unless for professional project managers
- Microsoft Planner is the best starting point for individuals and teams collaborating on tasks. Planner is available free as part of Office365.
How to get Microsoft Project
You will need to provide:
- the email address of the member of staff to be licensed
- the name of the Budget holder/approver
- the Finance Agresso sub-project code for an annual charge (£70 )
When the Budget holder approves, the named person will be licensed and advised of installation instructions (on Staff Managed Desktops, the software will appear in “Software Centre” and on non-managed devices, it will be on Office365.gla.ac.uk, Office Installations > Other software. This allows you to install on up to 5 devices for your own use.
Training and guides
- Project desktop quick start from Microsoft
- Project Training from Microsoft
- Project for the Web -help and training
- Overview of Projects Roadmap feature