Privacy notice for partners (Counsellors, Advisers, Study Abroad Directors, Local Authority and Government contacts etc)
Your personal data
The University of Glasgow will be what’s known as the ‘Data Controller’ of your personal data processed in relation to us sending you up to date university, course and fee information that will support your work with students interested in what the University of Glasgow has to offer. This privacy notice will explain how The University of Glasgow will process your personal data.
Why we need it
We are collecting your basic personal data such as; name, work email, work postal address and work phone number in order to send you regular up to date information on the University of Glasgow that will allow you to support your students. We will only collect data that we need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
Legal basis for processing your data
We must have a legal basis for processing all personal data. In this instance, the legal basis is;
Legitimate interest – although these communications are not part of the University’s core functions, the interest is based on past business to business relationships and the data being held used to provide the business partner with information needed for them to fulfil their job function.
No special categories/sensitive personal information are being processed.
What we do with it and who we share it with
- All the personal date you submit is processed by staff at the University of Glasgow in the United Kingdom.
- Data may be shared with International Officers based overseas who are employed by a third party. In cases such as these a Service Level Agreement is in place detailing use of data.
- Data may be shared with a relevant in-country agent to facilitate counselling and marketing of the University. Data protection and sharing of data is covered by a separate agreement between the University and the agent in question.
- Data may be shared with a Government Sponsorship body but only after confirmation of approval by the enquirer.
- Mailing and Data Solutions provide our prospectus and postal mailing distribution. Data is accessed or transferred by The University of Glasgow via a secure FTP transfer and is held by MDS for 7 days before being destroyed.
If you would prefer that your data is not stored in Dotdigital, you can opt out of communications at any point. You can also email Recruitment Marketing directly at email@example.com
How long do we keep it for?
Your data will be retained by the University until you notify us to remove your contact details from our database for whatever reason. After this time, data will be securely deleted.
What are your rights?*
You can request access to the information we process about you at any time. If at any point you believe that the information we process relating to you is incorrect you can request to see this information and may in some instances have it restricted, corrected or, erased. You may also have the right to object to the processing of data and the right to data portability.
Where we have relied upon your consent to process your data, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*please note that the ability to exercise these rights will depend on the legal basis on which the processing is being carried out.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the University Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
This privacy statement will be reviewed and updated on a regular basis. It was last updated on 24 May 2018.