Pre-recorded video content published on or after the 23rd of September 2020 must be accessible.
- Don't rely only on visuals and sound
- Provide a transcript, which should also contain descriptions of the action or information on the screen as well as a script of what is being spoken
- A transcript should be in text, HTML or word format and be made easily accessible from the video
- Captions should be included
- If you’ve uploaded a video to YouTube, disable the ‘auto-play’ feature as this plays video as soon as the page has loaded, which can be disorientating to several groups of users
- Avoid the use of flashing content as some people can experience photosensitive seizures, make use of Photo-sensitive Epilepsy Analysis Tool (PEAT) to check your content
- Use audio tracks, these are played along with the video and inform visually impaired users of what’s happening on screen